Caledonian Railway first opened the historic Glasgow Central Railway Station in 1879. Then, between 1901 and 1906, Glasgow Central went through an extension process. The concourse and booking hall were finished in 1882 and a year later, in 1883, the Glasgow Central Station Hotel was opened. The Glasgow Railway Station's entrance has beautiful, ornate ironwork and seven pillars holding up the ...
The Fife Folk Museum was established in 1968, and is housed in a tollbooth that was constructed in 1673 and consists of weigh house and a dungeon. Originally built by the barons of Ceres, the buildings were in a terrible state of disrepair by the 1960’s. In 1964, the tollhouse was donated to the Central and North Fife Preservation Society. The society acquired the ...