Winter View Parish Church Lundie Angus Scotland
Tour Scotland Winter video of the Parish Church at Lundie on visit to Angus Region. This rural Scottish parish church, close to the suburbs of Dundee dates to the 12th century, when it was dedicated to St Lawrence The Martyr. It was built on a small rise by the powerful Durward family who owned the surrounding land. The ashlar stonework of the nave is largely Norman and original, although there have been several alterations and remodelling over the years, particularly in the 19th century, 1846 and 1892, the latter by T S Robertson). The present church consists of a nave, porch and late 18th century mausoleum attached to the east gable.