Anstruther Wester Parish Church East Neuk Of Fife Scotland
Tour Scotland video of the Anstruther Wester Parish Church on visit to the East Neuk Of Fife. In 1243, a church on this site was dedicated to St. Nicholas. The present structure consists of a sixteenth century tower and steeple and a mid nineteenth century main cell, which probably incorporates fabric from the medieval church. There are earthworks in the churchyard which mark the outline of the old church building. The church is now used as a hall. The graveyard surrounds the church to the north, south and east. It contains a number of 17th century memorials. Near the church is a medieval coffin and an early 17th century graveslab with memento mori symbols.