Tag: south lanarkshire
Hamilton is a Scottish town situated in South Lanarkshire close to the banks of the River Clyde. Over 49 000 people reside here, many of whom work for either the local government or one of the many service industries.
Cadzow Castle lies in ruins approximately two miles southeast of Hamilton in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. It lies above the gorge of the Avon Water to the west of the hunting lodge in the beautiful grounds of what is now the Chatelherault Country Park. The Park was the pleasure grounds of the Hamilton Palace. The town was known as Cadzow till 1455 when its name was changed to Hamilton in ...
The ruins of Bothwell Castle are located about ten miles to the southeast of Glasgow near Uddingston in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. The castle stands on a steep bank above the river Clyde which runs on its north side. The river takes a bend here cutting a fairly deep gorge. The oldest parts of the castle were built in 1242 by Walter of Moray. They are made of the most beautiful deep red ...