Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commuting to Eurocental !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Commuting to Eurocental !

    Hi friends,
    I 've just got a job in Eurocentral which is located immediately adjacent to and overlooking the A8/M8 main Glasgow to Edinburgh corridor.
    We are a small family with one child going to secondary school next year currently living in Newcastle upon Tyne.
    Could any one please advise on a welcoming family friendly place to live with a good secondary school, will be renting for the first six months!
    Thanks in advance

  • #2
    youl be close to quite a few places really, bellshill, coatbridge, airdrie etc which are much the sameness.
    viewpark and holytown are quite nice.
    i dont know how good the schools are cause im from glasgow but there will no doubt be plenty to chose from

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tig View Post
      youl be close to quite a few places really, bellshill, coatbridge, airdrie etc which are much the sameness.
      viewpark and holytown are quite nice.
      i dont know how good the schools are cause im from glasgow but there will no doubt be plenty to chose from
      Many thanks for your reply.
      what is the best place (with good secondary school) to live in Glasgow and commute to Euocentral?
      Any advice is much appreciated.

      Comment


      • #4
        Baillieston is on that side of the city and as far as i know the secondary school is quite good there.

        but itl be pot luck for you i think....every area has at least 2 schools, most are similar in in academic achievement i think so it wouldnt make much difference what one your kid went too.

        even most of the areas in that side of the city have good bits and bad bits so youd really need to go n see first

        thats no much help i know

        Comment


        • #5
          Is it possible to commute daily between Eurocentral and Edinburgh by car?
          Please advise.

          Comment


          • #6
            yes of course it is...eurocentral sits on the glasgow to edinburgh rd.
            youd only need to go on the motorway n be there in about 45 mins depending on the traffic.
            Glasgow is a lot closer tho and as ive said above theres loads of largeish towns surrounding eurocentral so that 45 min drive from edinburgh in the morning and at night might be more hassle than its worth

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tig View Post
              Baillieston is on that side of the city and as far as i know the secondary school is quite good there.

              but itl be pot luck for you i think....every area has at least 2 schools, most are similar in in academic achievement i think so it wouldnt make much difference what one your kid went too.

              even most of the areas in that side of the city have good bits and bad bits so youd really need to go n see first

              thats no much help i know
              I would not recommend your friend live in Baillieston as others have mentioned it's the East end of Glasgow and where most of the Criminal underworld ply there trade. Lots of neds (chavs) and generally a run down area of high unemployment and has a drug problem larger than most other areas in Glasgow.

              Any comments?

              Comment


              • #8
                I thought it was YOU that was asking for info re working on a commercial estate?

                A couple of members from the west coast gave you info ... You now seem to be better informed than Scots members.

                Ur you a troll, son?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stokbrig View Post
                  I would not recommend your friend live in Baillieston as others have mentioned it's the East end of Glasgow and where most of the Criminal underworld ply there trade. Lots of neds (chavs) and generally a run down area of high unemployment and has a drug problem larger than most other areas in Glasgow.

                  Any comments?
                  what?

                  your replying to yourself in the 3rd person and talking absolute rubbish in the process.
                  i think youve googled glasgow east end and game up with this rubbish.
                  baillieston is not run down in the slightest...its actually mostly brand new private housing
                  theres no more neds/criminals/druggies there than there is in newcastle...probably a whole lot less in fact
                  you have no local knowledge of the area at all but your telling yourself online to avoid it.

                  did you mean to log in using another nic to make it look convincing?

                  the best place for you to live is newcastle where you belong

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Polwarth View Post
                    I thought it was YOU that was asking for info re working on a commercial estate?

                    A couple of members from the west coast gave you info ... You now seem to be better informed than Scots members.

                    Ur you a troll, son?

                    most of eurocentral is advanced IT based...cisco networks n the likes (not call centres)

                    so unless theyre hiring cleaners or car park attendants there i think this mouth is just that...a mouth

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Another south briton misinformation stooge messes it pants in public .
                      The 'no vote' gang are scraping the bottom of the privy with this one

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X