America the Governmentless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America the Governmentless!

So, this great superpower in which I live still has no working government. It's not only sad, it's bluddy pathetic, and the reasons why the US government has shutdown is equally pathetic! These Congresspeople are meant to be representing those who elected them, but they seem to have forgotten that while they still get paid for a job they are not doing. They seem to have forgotten that while thousands and thousands of federal employees are without a source of income.

North Carolina Rep: "I need my paycheck. That's the bottom line." Yep, we all need our paychecks darling! She has since declined her October paycheck. Smart girl.

Nebraska Rep Lee Terry dismissed lawmakers who are declining pay by saying, "Whatever gets them good press. That's all that it's going to be. God bless them. But you know what? I've got a nice house and a kid in college, and I'll tell you we cannot handle it. Giving our paycheck away when you still worked and earned it? That's just not going to fly." Lee Terry, Nebraska Congressman, says he'll keep drawing pay despite government shutdown

I'm sorry, but I take exception to his statement that he earned and worked for his paycheck. He's a Congressman after all. And, his conceited presumption that he is the only one with a nice house and a kid in college says it all.

North Dakota's Kevin Cramer also said he's keeping his money because he's "working to earn it." Working to earn your paycheck is again a matter of opinion Mr. Cramer. What all those who aren't getting their paycheck, living in a state that is supposed to be enjoying the fruits of the oil boom? What about those who can't afford the exorbitant housing prices and rents hiked up by greedy landlords because of said oil boom?

And, the message this country is sending out to the rest of the world? Bewilderment? Amazement? Or, are people scratching their heads over the children who are meant to be running this country, and their childish hissy fits. Are they scratching their heads over the inability of these children to effectively govern this country as mature adults?
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    MLK Jr.

i noticed all the US gov web sites are down due to "the government is shut down"

wtf?

so thats 2 countries in the world with no gov...usa and somalia

hasnt shut their ability to do raids on other countries either i see

also its their whole system thats at fault....only 2 parties and theyre both trying to out right wing each other and this is what happens when some one throws some social concious into the mix...theyd rather cripple the country than help their own poor

despicable really

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
      i noticed all the US gov web sites are down due to "the government is shut down"

wtf?

so thats 2 countries in the world with no gov...usa and somalia

hasnt shut their ability to do raids on other countries either i see

also its their whole system thats at fault....only 2 parties and theyre both trying to out right wing each other and this is what happens when some one throws some social concious into the mix...theyd rather cripple the country than help their own poor

despicable really
      wtf is an understatement, and yeah, the whole thing is despicable. It seems that performing raids on other countries is deemed critical, as is the NSA operations:

"In spite of the public outrage at the mass surveillance operations by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA), these wiretapping and communication snooping programs will continue. These operations are considered, at least to the federal government, critical to national security and will continue to tick over, reports The Hill."

Six things you may not know about the U.S. government shutdown | ZDNet

So, while these things are considered vital, critical even, the welfare of this country's citizens and their ability to pay their rent and support their families, the same people who elected said government and Congresspeople, is considered to be unessential in the whole scheme of things. Well, nothing new there I guess.
      Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      MLK Jr.

Comment

All I know is if I don't work, I don't get paid, should be the same for all. ESPECIALLY those on MY PAYROLL!

We just need a good House cleaning, and catch the Senate as well, put an end to this greed and nonsense.

The founders had a good plan using volunteer politicians!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

An open letter to the USA

Comment

Originally posted by kathyv View Post
            All I know is if I don't work, I don't get paid, should be the same for all. ESPECIALLY those on MY PAYROLL!

We just need a good House cleaning, and catch the Senate as well, put an end to this greed and nonsense.

The founders had a good plan using volunteer politicians!
            A good house cleaning is indeed in order. Kick the lot of them out and start anew. The whole thing is pathetic, and what they are doing is very dangerous. If the US goes into default, don't they realize how catastrophic it would be? They want to throw us under the bus and force us into a recession? It could potentially reverberate around the world....bluddy idiots the lot of them!
            MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
              An open letter to the USA

Now this is funny.
              MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X