Missile Strike Okayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missile Strike Okayed

So, the Senate Committee has given the green light for USA to launch a missile strike against Syria. Guess I better fasten my seat belt, might be in for a bit of a bumpy ride.

Senate committee authorizes limited military response in Syria - World News
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    MLK Jr.

At least this time we are not acting as America's poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by Polwarth View Post
      At least this time we are not acting as America's poodle.
      No, you're not, and that's probably a good thing. It seems there is little other international support for the strike. France is one that has indicated it would join the US if ti goes ahead.

A lot of Americans are opposed to it so maybe the government should listen to the people...oh wait...when have they ever really listened to the 'wee' people. I think they need to consider the can of worms they may open if they strike.
      Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      MLK Jr.

Comment

Good luck with the French as your ally

Is it time for the USA to rename the muffin as the Freedom muffin?

Comment

It's a difficult one (If the chemical weapons deal is proven to be true) You would have Al Queda/US/France/Israel/Saudi/Iraq/Afghan on one side and Hezbollah/Iran/Russia/Hamas on the other!

Al Queda as the good guys?
          Yer Maw!!!!!

Comment

ive very much doubt hamas and hezbollah would be on the same side as anything

you never know tho lol

both sides have chemical weapons, the UK ans US sold them them

Comment

Originally posted by Polwarth View Post
              Good luck with the French as your ally

Is it time for the USA to rename the muffin as the Freedom muffin?
              The Freedom muffin...lol.

As for the French, their reputation has preceded them. Need I say more?
              MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by YerMaw View Post
                It's a difficult one (If the chemical weapons deal is proven to be true) You would have Al Queda/US/France/Israel/Saudi/Iraq/Afghan on one side and Hezbollah/Iran/Russia/Hamas on the other!

Al Queda as the good guys?
                I had only been in the US for a little over a year when 9/11 happened. I wanted to get on the next plane home, so Al Queda as the good guys is a really scary thought.

As for the strike, if it occurs, limited action doesn't mean no civilians would be injured or killed in the strike. I believe it's probably inevitable they would. So, while the US feels it has a moral obligation to smack Syria on the back of the hand, who in the end pays the price?
                MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
                  ive very much doubt hamas and hezbollah would be on the same side as anything

you never know tho lol

both sides have chemical weapons, the UK ans US sold them them
                  I doubt it too that Hamas and Hezbollah would side, but anythings possible Tig.

As for the chemical weapons, UK and the US might have sold some, but these countries are capable of developing their own as well, and a little help from their friends....you know, those who have something to gain from helping them, doesn't hurt either. Or maybe it does?
                  MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                  X