Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Strathclyde

Hello all Scots and non Scots!

I just finished my BSc in chemistry in the University of Athens, Greece. While searching for a PhD program in the UK I found a position in the University of Strathclyde.

So my question is: What is the reputation of Strathclyde in the UK? Also, is it strong in the field of chemistry?

Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by Telios View Post
    What is the reputation of Strathclyde in the UK? Also, is it strong in the field of chemistry?
    Have you not looked at its website ?

About Us

Both the Independent and Times 2009 Guides to UK Departments of Chemistry ranked us as top in Scotland, and in the UK top ten.
    (The Independent and The Times are UK-wide newspapers)

Comment

Hello Scotsgait

Of course I have checked its website, but it is useful to have a second opinion, isn't it?

Comment

Hello Scotsgait

Of course I have checked its website, but it is useful to have a second opinion, isn't it?
        Then I think the views of The Independent and the Times provide that. However, better still, speak to your lecturers in Athens - they're bound to have academic contacts in the UK who can give some good objective thoughts on the dept.

Comment

Strathclyde is fine. My friend went there a few years ago and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pferris View Post
            Strathclyde is fine. My friend went there a few years ago and loved it.
            An undergraduate may well love a university for reasons other than the quality of its research........

Comment

Working...
            X