Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could change careers, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could change careers, what would it be?

I'd get the hell out of law and open a combination paint and fabric store.

No law suits with specific performance or breach of contract causes of action!

With paint, if you don't like the color, repaint.

If you don't like your sofa, slip cover it. Don't like THAT pattern, slip cover again.

Easy peasy ... and cheap.

How about you?

trained in psychology, but my dream job is a special effects makeup artist..although with the advent of CGI I am sure they are becoming more rare...very bizarre choice I know, but there you are

Comment

hmmm

There are actually two things that I would rather do.. Open and run my own restaurant.. and open and run my own animal sancutary..

but for right now I guess I will continue to plug away at my web design business.. and maybe one day I can do what I really want to do

Comment

Originally posted by poppy33usa
        trained in psychology, but my dream job is a special effects makeup artist..although with the advent of CGI I am sure they are becoming more rare...very bizarre choice I know, but there you are
        Poppy, I went into your account to see if I could get your picture of Milo to show up. No luck.

Can anyone help us out here?

Comment

yeah.. its a yahoo thing.. you can not post any picuters that are linked to a yahoo account.. move the photo to photobucket then re link it to here.

Comment

i always wanted to study marine zoology,i love dolphins,that was my dream growing up,i find them so interesting,so smart,i have many books on the diffrent kinds of dolphins,so many things people still dont understand about them,i would love to learn more,who knows one day my dream job might come true.

Comment

aaah I knew it...stupid yahoo I will copy some of my pics to that photobucket site you mentioned...thanks Nique and Sapphy for the heads up

Comment

I really Like what I am doing for now (Veterinary Technician) but if I had to change I would look into Elementary Education, Elementary because I think little kids are easier to deal with than bigger kids Ha Ha!!

Comment

Hey, mee! I did vet tech for a couple of years then moved away and raised a family, now I am an Elementary teacher! Second/Third grade! I liked Vet Tech, a lot, I like teaching a lot...... At this point (and at my age), kids are easier to keep up with! No man handeling drowzy St. Bernards onto the table or into the pens! LOL

If I could pick the ultimalely BEST career: Chocolate Taster! LOL

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Chocolate Taster would be great... Well, I've been interested in many areas so far like Architecture, Agronomy, Performing Arts, Vet (one has nothing to do with the other, has it?) I could never pass the pre-examinations to course them at university so I became an ESL/EFL Teacher which is a very pleasant job as well... So, Instead of being a teacher, I'd be a vet just to work with cattle, horses, farming, etc...

Comment

Niquie, Thank you for giving me this opportunity to dream aloud.

Some of you who know me pretty well by now will not be surprised when I say that I'd like to be the supreme ruler of the Earth.
                      I'd be a benevolent dictator to those I favour, and quite a despicable despot to those who irritate and annoy me.
                      Those I favour would never be short of their pocket money and chocolate,while we better not go into details about those other miserable people.

Comment

i am going back to school next fall for sonography (ultrasounds). very excited about that!!!

hey mee... hope you didn't get washed away with the storms!

Comment

Originally posted by MaggiesBoy
                          Niquie, Thank you for giving me this opportunity to dream aloud.

Some of you who know me pretty well by now will not be surprised when I say that I'd like to be the supreme ruler of the Earth.
                          I'd be a benevolent dictator to those I favour, and quite a despicable despot to those who irritate and annoy me.
                          Those I favour would never be short of their pocket money and chocolate,while we better not go into details about those other miserable people.
                          Ahhh! Yes, here is your scepter!

Now, where's my chocolate? LOL

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

When I am crowned Queen of the World...

...I am going to make certain that all taper candles have one uniformally sized bottom.

I shall insist that refrigerator storage containers come equipped with an alarm on the bottom so that if you lose the corresponding lid, you hit the button and the lid screams its location with a loud BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Gas stations would be equipped with the hoses and nozzles under the ground so that when you drive into the port, you reach out your window, punch in a few codes, the nozzle appears from the ground under your car, attaches itself to the already-opened gas tank (via a button inside the car), the car fills, nozzel and hose retract, gas lid closes and YOU'RE OFF! No stinky smell. No standing in the rain and wind.

And lastly, hot dogs AND hot dog buns will be sold in the same count, i.e., you buy a six-pack of hot dogs, you can buy a six-pack of buns..no more of this eight-pack hotdogs, 10 pack of buns!

Comment

Originally posted by kathyv
                              [B
                              Ahhh! Yes, here is your scepter!

Now, where's my chocolate? LOL [/B]
                              Kathyv, you're definitely one of my chocolate subjects, but is that your idea of a decent whisky?
                              C'mon now, get your act together, and remember I deserve only the best of the whiskies, and I'll hunt up the chocolates for you.
                              David - Future Ruler of the World (We'll leave the Universe for later, shall we?)

Comment

Working...
                              X