Texas small-town reporter seeking Scottish pen pals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas small-town reporter seeking Scottish pen pals

Hi there! I am a 24 year-old woman employed as a small-town news reporter in the Texas Hill Country. I'm looking to engage in long distance friendships, and Ive always liked Scotland so I decided to try this forum. I'm open to both male and female pen pals, but it should be known that I am heterosexual, and I do have a "you never know what it might lead to" clause when it comes to friendships (especially Scotsmen ). If you'd like to start a correspondence, message me. I am very friendly and you may get some entertaining stories out of me, and I hope I would get some as well!
    Also, I should add that I am a Christian and my faith is a huge part of my day to day life. If you don't want to hear about that in our communications, I suggest you find a different pen pal Cheers!
    Last edited by Errand1403; 17th June 2015, 19:31. Reason: Additional information

This is an American-owned site, and very few of the members are Scots! Many members seem to be American women seeking Scotsmen, preferably wearing kilts

There are a few natives (I'm one!), I'm heterosexual, happily married and agnostic
    Last edited by Polwarth; 17th June 2015, 22:09. Reason: Typo

Comment

American owned?

Polwarth, I had no idea this was an America owned website. That would explain some things. I'm mostly looking for Scottish pen pals, but I did see quite a few female Americans looking for the equivalent of Jamie Frazier if you catch my reference.

Comment

I do catch your reference.... One of the most rubbishy bodice rippers...

Comment

Hi and welcome! There are a couple of Scots kicking about here.

I too am a native (although I live down south now . . . ), 34, not seeking a relationship, agnostic/humanist.

Small town America has fascinated me since I visited years ago. I find US urban geography fascinating (everything is so far apart! Very different from our towns and cities); Bill Bryson's "The Lost Continent" is one of my favourite travel books of all time.
          Last edited by mikeyBoab; 19th June 2015, 10:59.

Comment

Hi Errand, come and join my facebook page if you like. I see a lot of Scotland through work. I taken US friends around the Highlands 3 times.

Comment

Hi, I wouldn't mind a chat some time - forgot I was registered on here so it would be nice to connect with some new people!

Comment

From New Zealand

Are you actually from Alba? Which newspaper are you working for because I want to write to a few newspapers in that area. I am from NZ by the way.
                Bob

Comment

Working...
                X