answer the question, then ask one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good for you lost.

now find yourself a wee hut in the middle of oz to relax in for the rest of your days

have you ever ate crocodile or kangaroo?

Comment

• Originally posted by tig View Post

now find yourself a wee hut in the middle of oz to relax in for the rest of your days

have you ever ate crocodile or kangaroo?
      A wee hut in the outback? Complete with spiders and poisonous snakes?

Nah. Planning to house sit around the world in nice houses with swimming pools before returning to my hame land. At which point I will probably buy a wee flat, a big TV, washing machine, car, etc and spend my remaining days watching Sky TV and waiting for the meals on wheels to arrive.

Not tried croc yet but tried alligator in Florida. Planning to avoid kangaroo as too many nice memories of Skippy. I have a relative who lives on a farm and he shoots the roos. Some have joeys which he then hand rears as he feels sorry for them. He sets them free when they are old enough. They probably find their way back to the farm at which point he will shoot them.

Go figure.

Comment

• aye ye'll on look with starry eyes till your belly starts rumbling mate then wee skippy will be in the chippy soon enough.

Comment

• Nah!......well......maybe..........probably.

I'm not averse to a bit of fresh road kill.

There's many a wee Scottish pheasant with no road sense that has gone for a ride home in the boot of my car.

So my question is:

What is the most unusual animal or item that you forum members have eaten.

And did it taste good?

Comment

• I ate the eye of a trout once, and no it did not taste good. Actually come to think of it I don't think there was much taste to it, but it was very slimy and I had trouble keeping it down.

My question.

What is your favourite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
            Humanity is my religion

Comment

• I'm hoping that holiday means a day celebrated by a nation, and does not refer to a couple of weeks soaking up the sun on the Costa Brava?

As a scot is has to be Hogmany. Yes I like Christmas, but it became too commercial for me. I have not celebrated Christmas for five years now and I do not miss it a bit. Don't do birthdays, Easter, Guisin at Halloween (nowadays trick or treat ), and especially not Valentine's Day.

But Hogmany is a time to look back on the year, to leave grievances and woes behind, and to step out into the New Year full of hope and spirit.

Admittedly a lot of that spirit consists of our amber nectar, our uisge beatha

We Scots go first footing. That first person over someone's doorstep had to be tall and dark, which is a bit weird since the scots are not known for being tall and dark, and they had to bring a bit coal, some black bun, and their own bottle (alcohol). Anyone found hiding their own bottle after entering, drinking the hosts alcohol, then sneaking out with their own bottle untouched was considered a shan and would be unlikely to get over the host's doorstep ever again. The hosts wife had to have lots of food ready for the first footers and subsequent drunk guests from midnight onwards.

Those were the days..........nowadays everyone just goes out to watch the fireworks and get pissed.

No new question. Feel free to answer any of the above two on food or favourite holiday.

Comment

• I had heard of first footing from a book I read years ago. Sounds friendly and nice.

My favourite holidays would either be Halloween ( I love seeing the kids getting all excited and dressed up ) or 4th of July ( Independence day ) it is all about the fireworks for me. The other stuff is nice too but I love me some fireworks.

New question. I'm really needing something to give me a smile right now.

What is your favourite thing you have done this year so far?
                Humanity is my religion

Comment

Working...
                X