Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat: Look out your window

http://www.scotland.com/forums/showt...935#post308935
    I don't know if I'm going about this phot chat the right way.

Originally posted by Niquie
    Thanks Unsub.

Another good idea. I really love seeing what YOU people are seeing.
    Thanks! I hope more join in to keep it going.

I like the largs photo posted by German-Lassie. I always love visiting there. It just seems cleaner, and I love some of the scenery.
    Enjoy Depression: It's all you've got to look forward to-Eeyore

I totally agree and I was really sorry when I had to move but driving all the way to Newhouse would be a pain in the neck let alone the costs. Well, I go there as often as possible, kinda sentimental, eh? lol

Comment

I always thank my lucky stars if I can manage to skip the train there. I've got to take a camera some day.

Comment

And if you do so take a wee walk down Greenock Road past The Vikingar and then turn right to where the small golf course is. From up there you can see this

http://www.pixum.co.uk/int/img.php?u...&ts=12676&np=1

on a clear and sunny day that is

No, I haven't forgotten to set tags, I just thought we should keep the "chat" section without pics

Comment

Great photo, clear blue waters. Whenever I try and take something like that, I always manage to get sewage work, or some guy taking a leak.

Comment

German Lassie,

That is beautiful!
            sigpic * ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
            -Wendell Berry

Comment

Ta I had to drive this tiny road for around 3 weeks before I could take that pic ... it's hard to have a view over to the Isle of Arran from there - thanks to the weather LOL You know, when I first saw it I had no camera with me, next day I took the camera - mist, next day - mist and so on LOL

Comment

Originally posted by German-Lassie
                Ta I had to drive this tiny road for around 3 weeks before I could take that pic ... it's hard to have a view over to the Isle of Arran from there - thanks to the weather LOL You know, when I first saw it I had no camera with me, next day I took the camera - mist, next day - mist and so on LOL
                I see Arran everyday. They call it "The Sleeping Warrior" Maybe I'll take a picture, when the weather is decent.

Comment

I have a favor to ask.

When you post your pictures, tell us what country it is. That would be a big help. And I think these threads are wonderful. I am getting to see real life in other countries and I find it fascinating.

Unsubstantial, no offense, but I have NEVER liked your user name. It's just so NOT you. So, if you ever want to change it, let me know. Frankly, I will always think of you as Eeyore,. "a little, blue, stuffed donkey with sad eyes, drooping ears, and a tail that keeps falling off. A good friend to talk to when you're not feeling so hot. He never refuses to listen, and never tells you that you're wrong. He will always be warm and try to cheer you up with his depression."

Lemme know.

Comment

Well, I like my username, and don't know if that will change, but if I do change my view of it, I'll let you know. Thanks for thinking of me as Eeyore. I'll take that as a compliment because I like that character.

And I'll try and put a caption with any image if needed

Comment

Great views, even from behind!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Here's a link to explain a bit about the history, people and culture from my 'last look' photo. It's hard to believe that such a sleepy area was once like this.

http://www.nwlink.com/~scotlass/border.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Niquie
                          This HAS to be a postcard. This is spectacular! Just spectacular.

Unsub: I can't thank you enough for this fine thread of yours. I just love it.
                          With great photo's like those, they would have been posted eventually. Mine is dismal in comparison.

Photos like those make me sad that I've never been anywhere like that.

Comment

Unsub, how about inviting ourselves to hutcircles' house? I pick you up and we just gatecrash.

Guess I'm not the only jealous person right now

Comment

Can I hitch a ride with you two? I can stand on the running board. I'd give a lot to see that view first hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X