X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwater Dam Scotland

Backwater Dam Scotland

Happy memories.

I recall orienteering around the Backwater with my school team in the early 8o`s. We stayed overnight at the youth hostel near Glenisla called the Round House, completely circular and with a huge domed rec` room. We were told that the Round House had been built by an army officer who had returned from the Indian Mutiny, convinced that only a circular house could provide protection from an invading force. I`m not sure which particular invasion force he was afraid of in rural Perthshire. thanks for the happy memories.

Comment

Great image thank you for sharing

Comment

I used to take a drive out there now and again when I stayed on the outskirts of Dundee. I remember pranking my then girlfriend at the car park... where we were parked up there was a small dyke in front of the car with the dam aligned with our direction of parking just off to the left. It gave the impression that behind the dyke there was a big drop so while my girlfriend sat in the car I got out and pretended to fool around on the dyke before accidently falling off. What she didn't know was that on the other side of the dyke was a grass brae and not a vertical drop. So as I lay giggling on the other side of the dyke she thought I'd fallen to my death. Needles to say I got in trouble for that one

Took this photo when I was there one night many moons ago...

Last edited by JamieTheRed; 19th April 2015, 23:43.

Comment

Working...
        X