It's Not Scotland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not Scotland.

Sorry peeps, I can't boast any fantastic and breathtaking pictures of Scotland cause I haven't been there...yet! But, I do have pictures of my most recent trip to LA...yeah I know...big whoop. As usual, I had a great time there with my girls and did what most tourists do when on holiday, take pictures that have no interest to anyone else but themselves.

[IMG][/IMG]

Taxing out to runway.

[IMG][/IMG]

And we have lift-off!

[IMG][/IMG]

Photo opportunity before heading to Hollywood.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think I had my picture taken with almost every Star along the Boulevard. I was pretty done in by the time I got to Michael Jackson's Star.

[IMG][/IMG]

Yep, I'm a Trekkie at heart.

[IMG][/IMG]

A change of pace at Santa Monica beach. First time I had been near the ocean in years!

[IMG][/IMG]

Dinner at my fav restaurant in Glendale, Foxys. The guy is drummer, Jonathan "Sugarfoot" Moffett.

[IMG][/IMG]

After dinner we saw Jonathan and bassist Alex Al perform. Brilliant!

[IMG][/IMG]

The next day off to Lake Cachuma, San Ynez Valley.

[IMG][/IMG]

Photo opportunity at Lake Cachuma. The next day we went to Disneyland, but my camera messed up and all the pic's turned out fuzzy.

[IMG][/IMG]

Back to Hollywood again for some last minute shopping of tacky souvenirs.

[IMG][/IMG]

Speeding down the runway at LAX.

[IMG][/IMG]

Heading for home.

[IMG][/IMG]

Two months later the memories of my day at the beach, and the heat and sun of LA are very distant. Reality of early winter in North Dakota!
    Last edited by Valmai; 28 September 2013, 22:36.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    MLK Jr.

nice pics

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
      nice pics

Ta very much.
      Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      MLK Jr.

Comment

Is that you wearing the jandals Val ?

Comment

Originally posted by maxkirk View Post
          Is that you wearing the jandals Val ?
          Me? Do you mean the picture of me wearing a purple top and Indian skirt with a camera slung over my shoulder and sunnie's, squatting down before the Michael Jackson star? Nah, that isn't me.....

[IMG][/IMG]
          MLK Jr.

Comment

just goes to show ,
            you can take the Kiwi lass away from NZ but you can't take away her

Comment

Originally posted by maxkirk View Post
              just goes to show ,
              you can take the Kiwi lass away from NZ but you can't take away her
              No, I guess you can't. I love wearing my jandals, very comfy they are. In my defense though they were rather posh jandals. Velvet and beading and bling.

And, after 20 years away, I still find myself getting into the passenger side of my car to drive. I still find myself wanting to drive on the other side of the road. I still call a shopping cart a trolley. I call the trunk of my car a boot, the hood, a bonnet, windshield blades, window wipers. Little things like that.
              MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X