Loch Lomond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Lomond

There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.

Oh Scottish Economist, IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. It looks like a little picture. Not real. The nature though looks so soft and subtle. Is it really cold?
    “I have learned that you can win the battle over the most powerful of nations, the United States, if you have the moral force behind you.” — Rubén Berríos (about his transforming experience after the sacrifices he had to make for the Navy-Vieques protests)

Comment

Originally posted by PRgirl
      Oh Scottish Economist, IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. It looks like a little picture. Not real. The nature though looks so soft and subtle. Is it really cold?
      It can be a bit on the chilly side, although as a boy I did swim in it a few times. I also found this slide show taken on the shores of Loch Lomond which is great because it is the same places I used to visit. I have no idea who those people are though.
      There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.

Comment

I loved the slide show. It is just beautiful Loch Lomond. No wonder you like it so much! Only half an hour from where you live Scottish Economist? You have the best of both worlds. The urban and the countryside. Chilly water though. In Puerto Rico the water is never chilly. Not the ocean or the rivers or streams or waterfalls or cascades. I went to Espiritu Santo river a few years back. And it had huge rocks and a waterfall with floating white and red blooms that fell from the trees on the top. It was a little hot about 82 degrees Farenheit, and you jumped in and it was perfection!! Not cold or hot but just perfect. Refreshing. The mountains in Puerto Rico never get colder than the high sixties. And never hotter than the low eighties. Most of the time it is in a perfect mid seventy something and cool with cool showers. It is so noisy at times though. The tropical jungle is not a silent place. You have those parrots. (Like I mentioned), birds of all sorts, little tree frogs, and insects, and bats, and fish in the ponds and streams. But no predators. The early Spanish conquistadors noted Puerto Rico's lack of predators. No jaguars, or big poisonous snakes. None. Just lots of beauty and easy cultivation of fruit and vegetables to supplement a fishing culture.

Here some scenes from Puerto Rico: (I LOVED LOCH LOMOND BTW, hmmm. I wonder when I may visit? Who knows? Life surprises me all the time)

“I have learned that you can win the battle over the most powerful of nations, the United States, if you have the moral force behind you.” — Rubén Berríos (about his transforming experience after the sacrifices he had to make for the Navy-Vieques protests)

Comment

Here are some more pictures of the vibrant nature. I love being by myself sometimes. I went to an old archaeological site once deep in the Yucatan, and went at night when it was storming and lightning and raining hard. The flash on those old pyramids and the faces of those jaguars in stone should have frightened me. But instead all it did was make me have deep respect for nature and understand why the Ancient peoples of the Americas worshiped nature as an aspect of God. It makes perfect sense there.

Here check out this green in El Yunque:

Comment

Working...
          X