Drumlanrig Castle

Edinburgh Castle

Edzell Castle

Eilean Donan

Glamis Castle

Ruins Of Tantallon Castle

St Andrews Ruins

Stirling Castle

Those are so beautiful i would love to be able to go and take pics of all the wonderful castles in Scotland and Ireland,that would be my dream come true,such beautiful places

Comment

Those picutres are beautiful, hopefully one day i'll be able to see them for myself.

Comment

can you goin all of them or only some.

Comment

I found Glamis castle to be one of the most interesting of the castles I saw when I was in Scotland. It was just crammed full of things to see, and the guided tour was very well done.

Although they're not castles, I'll mention Scone Palace and the House of Dun, near Montrose, as two other historic buildings that are fascinating places to visit and have excellent guided tours and helpful staff.

By comparison, I found Balmoral a bit of a let down. Not much to see, given the size of the place, a lot of it isn't open, and the staff didn't seem to want to interact with any of the visitors..........

Comment

Any pix of Blair Castle, Inveraray Castle, Dunvegan Castle, Castle Sween, Tarbert Castle, Carnassery Castle, Kisimul Castle or Castle Stalker ?

Comment

fran fran, they had a monster lived in Glamis, he was a kind if throwback member of the family who was kept locked away. At a party one night, the guests hung handkerchiefs from every window they could find then checked outside. One window had no hanky, whooooooooooo! the Earl arrived and went berserk. Nobody found the beasts lair. Whooooooooooo! wullie m

Comment

Originally posted by wullie m View Post
                fran fran, they had a monster lived in Glamis, he was a kind if throwback member of the family who was kept locked away. At a party one night, the guests hung handkerchiefs from every window they could find then checked outside. One window had no hanky, whooooooooooo! the Earl arrived and went berserk. Nobody found the beasts lair. Whooooooooooo! wullie m
                I've heard that story before - must have been a lot of inbreeding in that family ..............

There is a bit about it on Wikipedia: Monster of Glamis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a vague recollection of an old film (from the 50s or 60s I think) that was obviously based on this story, although there was no reference to either Glamis or the Bowes-Lyon family in it (probably for legal reasons). Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Comment

nice places to visit

Comment

Originally posted by franfran View Post
                    I've heard that story before - must have been a lot of inbreeding in that family ..............
                    Sounds like a Scottish version of Deliverance - Duelling Bagpipes, squeal like a haggis etc

Comment

Glamis castle never ending card game

This was also the castle I think of the everlasting card game?
                      Glamis Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I enjoyed this castle very much.
                      I was in Scotland in 2009 and visited a few castles myself, this was my list of that year.
                      Edinburgh Castle
                      Thirlestane Castle
                      Rosslyn Chapel
                      Glamis Castle
                      Huntly castle
                      Balvenie Castle
                      Dunrobin Castle
                      Ballindalloch Castle

If anyone want to see the pictures.
                      Scotland 2009 | Sebas Fotohobby

Comment

Originally posted by Lachlan09 View Post
                        Any pix of Blair Castle, Inveraray Castle, Dunvegan Castle, Castle Sween, Tarbert Castle, Carnassery Castle, Kisimul Castle or Castle Stalker ?
                        Do you mean something like this perhaps? Scottish Castles and Abbeys
                        Visit my websites at:
                        www.scotlandinfo.eu
                        www.islayinfo.com

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Inveraray-castle

BEAUTIFUL.

May 2013

Comment

Doune Castle

May 2013

Uploaded with ImageShack.us