The Intolerance of Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Intolerance of Islam

Bangladesh is a secular country, but this is what Islam is doing to it.
    Islamophobia is a misnomer - there is every reason to fear Islam and not allow it to take over anymore countries.

Day after clashes, Bangladesh capital eerily calm - CNN.com

The Islamists are members of the ultra-conservative Hefazat-e-Islami (Protectors of Islam).
    They gathered Sunday in numbers that boggled the mind.
    Photos taken from balconies and rooftops showed a sea of bodies dressed in white panjabis and kufis -- both traditional Muslim attire in Bangladesh -- cramming the streets of Motijheel to the hilt.
    They demanded that the government enact laws that put to death anyone who blasphemed Islam.
    They called for mandatory Islamic education for all in this secular Muslim nation.
    They wanted a ban on statues, and the words "absolute trust and faith in the Almighty Allah" reinstated in the constitution.
    They declared that men and women should not be allowed to mix freely in this country of 150 million.
    And they vowed they would not leave until their demands -- 13 in all -- were met.
    The ensuing confrontation was violent. And bloody.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Northern Ireland is a secular state ,
    but look,
    Christian fundamentalists terrorise it's capital city .

Northern Ireland: Tensions simmer after flag protests | Alaska Dispatch

The intolerance of Christianity eh .......

Comment

im sure we could all post up links to fundamentalist religious groups in every country

so wits yer point caller?

oh ps Max, the Alaska dispatch? pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
        oh ps Max, the Alaska dispatch? pmsl
        me too

bigotry has no place to hide huh

Comment

Israel is a secular state ,
          and fundamentalist Jews run riot in it's capital city.
          Ultra-Orthodox protesters renew riots against gay pride march - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

The intolerance of Judaism huh

Comment

Israel practices apartheid ffs....racists to its core

westboro is worst of of the crazy Christian ones (and badly spelt too )

Comment

Ah yes , Westboro ,
              brought to you from the nation that was built on the backs of slaughtered locals by invading fundamentalist Christians .

Comment

as hard as ive tried i just cant find a story on rastafarians rioting....

wonder why that is

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
                  as hard as ive tried i just cant find a story on rastafarians rioting....

wonder why that is
                  I heard a group of Wee Frees mumbled a bit after a rumoured Sunday opening of pubs on Lewis once

Comment

There were ‘Salvation Army riots’ in Worthing, East Sussex in the 1880’s and in Eastbourne in the early 1890s

Ye Olde History Tavern: Salvation Army Riots

Comment

PAT CONDELL'S GODLESS COMEDY

A dose of reality about religion in general from Pat Condell.
                      "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Comment

Comment

@tig

My sentiments exactly - but so much more eloquently expressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta View Post

My sentiments exactly - but so much more eloquently expressed!
                            I'm more interested in why you posted that inflammatory material about Bengali Muslims

Comment

what's YOUR point??

DO YOU APPROVE of Anything??

Comment

Working...
                              X