This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all

It is my pleasure to be able to join the Scotland boards. Everyone here is so friendly and accomodating. I look forward to having good intelligent conversations with you all.

LillyNomad

Originally posted by Ronbo
    Maybe not all:

I have learned from hard experience of moderating these boards that the most effective defense is all-out, unremitting offense. As soon as somebody starts making any sort of trouble around here I go after him and I never stop and I never back down. You may be surprised how effective it is and how quickly it produces results... it's also pretty good fun!

I wonder if the Terminator had this much fun?

Oh by the way all your gripping about free speech must mean you also believe in people's rights to free thought.

Perhaps you should allow new members exercise their right to make up their own minds untainted by your personal opinions.

Comment

Hi Lilly, and a BIG warm welcome to our web sit. Please join in the topics and I lookforward to speaking to you very soon.

Comment

Hi Lily!

Lily, welcome to Scotland.com. I know you will meet many interesting people here. We certainly get into some good discussions and I always learn alot. Hope you will post frequently. Dee
        Luceo non Uro -- I shine not burn

Comment

I am happy to receive such a warm welcome, however I see that there is much abusive language tolerated here by some and not by others. Is there equality in banning certain individuals from using profanity and threats? I have not seen this.

Can't we just all get along and have some fun and learn from each other rather than be biased towards others' opinions?

Respectfully,
          LillyNomad

Comment

Charlie: intersting logo.

LillyNomad

Comment

As you will see Lily I have now deleted the threads that I deemed
              to be offensive in here and due to the time differences some may
              be here until I can get here, but be assured that they will be deleted !!

Comment

Originally posted by McVeigh
                Originally posted by Goose
                Maybe not all:

I have learned from hard experience of moderating these boards that the most effective defense is all-out, unremitting offense. As soon as somebody starts making any sort of trouble around here I go after him and I never stop and I never back down. You may be surprised how effective it is and how quickly it produces results... it's also pretty good fun!

Oh by the way all your gripping about free speech must mean you also believe in people's rights to free thought.

Perhaps you should allow new members exercise their right to make up their own minds untainted by your personal opinions.
                What's going on here? The gentleman in question was getting death threats! He must have very powerful arguments indeed to get people to change their minds....
                What is going on is you are attempting to deceive and mislead the members on this board. I suggest you contact admin with any information you might have to prove this otherwise and quit making these foolish attempts at disrupting those that are using these boards properly within the guidelines.

The good people of New York have certainly suffered enough without having you use them as a tool for your perverse plots.

Comment

Maybe not all:

What's going on here? The gentleman in question was getting death threats! He must have very powerful arguments indeed to get people to change their minds....
                  What is going on is you are attempting to deceive and mislead the members on this board. I suggest you contact admin with any information you might have to prove this otherwise and quit making these foolish attempts at disrupting those that are using these boards properly within the guidelines.

The good people of New York have certainly suffered enough without having you use them as a tool for your perverse plots.
                  Interesting the way you twist reality to suit youself:
                  Goose/Neil/Desertfox/Whoever you are!

But don't you think death threats are a little extreme?

Where did I make death threats to you on this board or anywhere for that matter?

Comment

Thankyou Babz

Originally posted by Babz
                    As you will see Lily I have now deleted the threads that I deemed
                    to be offensive in here and due to the time differences some may
                    be here until I can get here, but be assured that they will be deleted !!
                    I see you are a just and fair person. It is so much nicer when it is cleaner. If a person has a point to argue, it is much more better to do it concisely, constructively and eloquently. One can argue intelligently and with respect for the other's opinions without hitting below the belt.

Respectfully,
                    LillyNomad

Comment

Babz!!!

Babz, this has gone far beyond irritating when Ronbo and his followers invade every thread with their arguments. But to come into a thread posted by a new member who is just saying "hi" grossly distorts the purpose of this forum and is abusive! Lily should have been warmly welcomed by members, instead of getting an earful of an argument that makes no sense and has nothing whatever to do with this thread. Will you PLEASE ride herd on these guys and reserve this forum for the people who want to use it properly? And once again, welcome Lily! I can tell from your posts in CommonInn that you will be a real asset. I smiled all the way through your list on keeping young. Thanks!
                      Luceo non Uro -- I shine not burn

Comment

Re: Babz!!!

Originally posted by DCubed
                        Babz, this has gone far beyond irritating when Ronbo and his followers invade every thread with their arguments. But to come into a thread posted by a new member who is just saying "hi" grossly distorts the purpose of this forum and is abusive! Lily should have been warmly welcomed by members, instead of getting an earful of an argument that makes no sense and has nothing whatever to do with this thread. Will you PLEASE ride herd on these guys and reserve this forum for the people who want to use it properly? And once again, welcome Lily! I can tell from your posts in CommonInn that you will be a real asset. I smiled all the way through your list on keeping young. Thanks!
                        Things are not always what they appear on the surface. One has to simply do a little scratching to find out a person's true purpose.

Comment

Enough is Enough

I am closing this thread too !!

I am not going to allow petty differences to be discussed here, it
                          is a forum specifically for quests and not debating !!

[b]I will in future delete any threads that go the same way without warning!!

I am here to moderate this forum and WILL NOT allow it to become a farce.
                          Any problems you have with anyone or any subject should be taken up
                          with admin!!

Comment

Working...
                          X