ONE DAY VISIT TO SCOTLAND!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

It will take me at least four hours to get out of the first pub this old "senior" sees when she steps off that cruise ship at Gourock!!! I don't think I will bother going to Glasgow, just take the ferry over to Dunoon and hit all the pubs on that side of the clyde.
    It's nice to know there are other seniors on this web site. Where are you from originally?
    Kirsty

Comment

THE GRANITE CITY (A berdeen)
      marhar
      PRO LIBERTATE

Comment

Kristi,
        I got your post on your hay family could you please e-mail me i am very interisted in what you have i will be looking fforward to your e-mail mine is greghigdon@vcn.com will be waiting to hear from you thanks Tracie Higdon
        I need info on a John Hay from Knightswood,reinfrewshire,scotland he married a Mary Smith They have a son Robert Hay who married a Mary Jane Healey(haley) any information would be appreciated thanks e-mail is greghigdon@vcn.com

Comment

re: sunshine

Hi

sounds like lots of fun where you live. you must be proud of your daughter for working at the marina, does she work with the animals there as well. my kids always wanted to go to disneyland, who didn't. never did make it so far, now there getting older, not so interested anymore. my oldest daughter would love to work with dolphins if she ever got the chance, still in high school though. we live in abbotsford, BC about an hour away from Vancouver, BC. ever been here??

nature

Comment

Hello Nature

Unfortunately my daughter does not work with the animals. She would just adore to work with them, but she does not have the qualifications. You know they have dogs, cats, pigs, horses, etc. which put on a show for the tourists. All of them have been rescued from the "Animal Pound". It is really great to see them work together. Of course they also have the Clydesdales and all the sea animals. My daughter cleans the bathrooms! Unfortunately I do not know the area where you are from. I was a stewardess with Air Canada in my younger days and I used to fly into Vancouver. Such a lovely city!! I really like living in Florida (have been in this area for 40 years now), however, I just wish we didn't have so many theme parks. Don't know how people can afford to come down to Florida and pay over $50.00 per park - we have so many of them, you just would not believe it! Disneyworld is only the tip of the iceberg. Nice chatting with you, hope we keep in touch.
            Kirsty

Comment

hi kristi,

hey what ever you do in a place like that is still rewarding for any job,you still get to see lots of different people and shows. i think that is great that they use rescue animals for that. with all the theme parks it is the place that as everything. our place is the bc capital of berries, yes you got it. strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. so i think i would find where you live alot more fun and exciting. you have yourself a great weekend, we have a fair on this weekend called the Agrifair, it's like a country fair with all kinds of entertainment. talk soon.

nature

Comment

Hi Nature

You have a lot more than berries!!!! Just an hour from Vancouver, that's a great location. I thought Vancouver was one of the most beautiful cities with all those lovely mountains. The first time I flew over the Rockies, it nearly took my breath away. You also have lovely weather. I sure miss mountains, especially the mountains of Scotland. We are very flat in Florida, no hills whatsoever, however, we have lovely beaches and sand. Hope you have a good time at your fair. All the best!!
                Kirsty

Comment

Hi Kristie

had a great time at the fair! this hypnosis made these people come on stage, 10 of them. then he told this one fellow to make a sandcastle on the beach. so this guy sits in the middle of the strange singing happily and piling sand for his imaginary sandcastle. well he told the rest of the people on stage to walk by this guy. i was in stitches laughing, this guy was yelling almost like a little child,( hey get of my castle, what are you doing you guys are wrecking my stuff, don't do that, etc.) The hypnosis was hilarious, did a fantastic show. he also told people on stage to play their favorite instrument and some people were swinging their hair and just letting loose. yes vancouver is a beautiful place and so is here. when i leave for work in the morning i definitley appreciate my surroundings. we have eagles in the trees, you can go up to them on the side of the road and take pictures or what have you and they just look down at you. also farms along my path to work with beautiful horses in the fields and Mount Baker with a full view. the trees are many and mountain of all sorts. lots of lakes as well. there is plenty to do. but it's still nice to go to other places.

talk soon
                  nature

Comment

Working...
                  X