ONE DAY VISIT TO SCOTLAND!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONE DAY VISIT TO SCOTLAND!

I was born in Scotland and lived there until I was 21. I now live in Florida and 4 of us (all seniors) are taking a cruise and will arrive in Greenock at 8 a.m. and leave at 8 p.m. the same day!! Any suggestions on how to get to Dunoon, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Gourock? Can I hire a driver and car. ANY SUGGESTIONS!
    Kirsty

Hi ther try posting in the travel forum you will get more replies.

You can get a train into Glasgow which is a great place to spend the day.

You could also take the train from Glasgow up to Balloch at Loch Lommond.

I will check out times and such and repy again.

BUg*****

Comment

prob a bit l8
      travel updates on
      http://www.spt.co.uk
      willie

Comment

Thank you!!!

MADDOG
        Great info you gave me! Thanks a million. I sure am looking forward to coming home to Scotland. Just wish I had more time to spend. This is a really great site but I wish there were some 'older' folks to talk with. Seems it's mostly a younger set, however, I still enjoy it.
        Kirsty

Comment

no probs
          maddog_mcclaymore@yahoo.co.uk
          willie

Comment

Originally posted by Kirstie
            MADDOG
            Great info you gave me! Thanks a million. I sure am looking forward to coming home to Scotland. Just wish I had more time to spend. This is a really great site but I wish there were some 'older' folks to talk with. Seems it's mostly a younger set, however, I still enjoy it.
            Um Younger? Lol! I'm in my 40's and many of us are over 30, at least I think so.

We do have a few over 50 that I know of though. Marhar the moderator at Clans and Geneology is well (SHH) over 60 at least he better be since he is the father of Babz another moderator. Goose is over 40 as well.

Haddy another of our members claims to be a senior as well but I do not know his age.

I am sure there are others that just don't tell us exactly how old they are.

There are other forums where you might find more info on what you need. I know Marhar has a wealth of knowledge and he lives in Scotland as well.

I don't, I live in Michigan. What part of Florida are you in? My mom lives on the Gulf side.

Janet

Comment

u are only as old as u feel
              willie#

Comment

Yes I will admit to being in the 40's range and Marhar is over 60.
                Not saying how much older though...lol

He was born in Aberdeen but has now moved south to England, he does go
                back to Scotland about four times a year.

Comment

Well Now ... that is encouraging! Thanks a million folks, I feel better already. Glad we have some "seniors" I can talk to. I am living in Orlando, Florida, which is the capitol kingdom for the big Mickey Mouse. This place used to be so nice but now it is the biggest tourist trap in the world. My daughter works at SeaWorld and of course we have all the other places like Universal, MGM, at least six Disney parks, and of course all the 'wet and wilds' you can think of. My son is a surveyor so he keeps very busy with all the building trade. I am retired from the Orange County Government (used to be a paralegal) Before I was married I worked as an air stewardess with Air Canada for six years. That's about all for now.
                  Kirsty

Comment

wots ur mail addy
                    willie

Comment

Who's "Addy"? Don't know your lingo!!
                      Kirsty

Comment

addy = address
                        willie

Comment

Jeez.... Do I ever feel stupid!! Not used to all this fancy lingo stuff. I'm at deleon.chris@juno.com.
                          Kirsty

Comment

thats ok
                            expect a mail later
                            willie

Comment

What is all this talk about seniors

I am only 72 and if you are like me it will take you 4 hours to get into Glasgow then 4 hours to get back. LOL

Marhar.
                              PRO LIBERTATE

Comment

Working...
                              X