Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp
    replied
    Glasgow and Edinburgh would be the preffered airports to fly into. Though depending where you're heading to in Scotland you can also fly into Aberdeen. Though that means flying with the likes of KLM into Amsterdam then connecting over to Aberdeen. If connecting flights are no bother to you, you'll be able to get to any of the Scottish airports no problem.

Mata ne, Karasu.

Leave a comment:

• temp
    replied
    You can fly into Heathrow with a connector to Glasgow. I have done this before. Heathrow is a real pisser of a place to enter the country though. It's complicated, spread out, and confusing.

A much better bet is to fly directly into Glasgow (GLA). It takes international flights. I have also done this before and prefer it greatly.

Leave a comment:

• temp
    replied
    airports

Wow, whatever you do, don't land in Birmingham, you'll never get outa here
    and I know - I'm having a right game trying to get a flight from here to either
    Edinburgh or Glasgow. This place is like the Bermuda triangle, EVERYBODY seems
    to have come here, but then no-one seems to be able to get out!!!!!aagghhh!
    You will have a fab time there wherever you land [preferably scotland] there a very friendly bunch
    I rate them very highly!

Leave a comment:

• temp
    replied
    Airport

You do not want to fly into Gatwick it is very busy and if you have not been there before - driving can be a little nerve-wrecking.

Leave a comment:

• temp
    replied
    airport

The best airport to fly into is Edinburgh - but if you want some scenery on the way to Scotland then go ahead and fly into London and drive up or even take the train either way it is pretty spectacular.

Leave a comment:

• temp
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunsetyet2c
    To all Lads and Lasses,

I am starting to plan a trip to Scotland and would like to know what the best airport (or only) would be the best to fly into. Someone told me that you have to fly into England then drive, but I wasn't sure if that was correct. Any help in this matter would be great.

Adrienne
    Who have you been talking to??

Glasgow or Edinburgh airport will do you.
    Prestwick airport is also an option.

Leave a comment:

• temp
    replied
    Hi Sunsetyet2c

Welcome and enjoy yourself while you are here.

I am sure you will get a better response to your question if you put it
    in the Travel Section of the boards.

Babz

Leave a comment:

• Sunsetyet2c
    started a topic Traveling to Scotland - airport question

Traveling to Scotland - airport question

To all Lads and Lasses,

I am starting to plan a trip to Scotland and would like to know what the best airport (or only) would be the best to fly into. Someone told me that you have to fly into England then drive, but I wasn't sure if that was correct. Any help in this matter would be great.

Adrienne
Working...
X