Favorite Scottish Actors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Scottish Actors

My Favorite Scottish Actor is Dougray Scott!!.My friends and I had the privilege and pleasure to personally witness his incredible talent on stage in London in "To The Green Fields Beyond"....He is an amazing actor and I am a little bewildered that he is not well known in his own country. Well, I suppose his name will be coming up soon because of 2 movies to be released this year...and by the way....he is so HOT!! and Gorgeous, too!!!

scottish actors

I would agree with you Jade that Scott is a good actor. But being a big James Bond fan, it is hard not to be biased towards Sean Connery. I have been a big fan of his since I was a kid.

Comment

Hi Jade and Joseph, welcome to the boards!

I hate to be a party pooper here, but there is a forum called "Literature and Film" which would be more appropriate for this thread.
      Dilbert's Rule #10- Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Comment

Hey, as cluttered as the boards already are, does it make a difference where it's located?
        Post where ever you like----it makes no difference. But it is easier to find ones interests if people post them in the corresponding topic.
        Thanatos//
        "..and therefor never send to know for whom the BELL tolls; it tolls for THEE."

Comment

The talent part sounds great Jade, please expand more! (Otherwise you just described most leading American Actors...)

In which theatre in London may we see him? What is the substance of the play itself, if I may ask? A comedy, tragedy, musical? Could you please give us a bigger hint than "he is gorgeous" , (sorry...but the "review" sounds so American that way you know...)
          Di (aka ^..^ ~ Willy)

Comment

Since Thanatos so graciously gave us permission to post here, I think I shall.
            Jade152, what makes you say that Dougray Scott is unknown in his own country? I certainly know of him, and so do my friends, family, and work colleagues.

Comment

Wasn't he in "1001 Nights" or whatever it was called, on TV? I think he played the sultan that had gone mad.
              Thanatos//
              "..and therefor never send to know for whom the BELL tolls; it tolls for THEE."

Comment

Hi everyone!!

Being a 007 Fan myself, not only is Sean Connery a very good actor, but he is hot!!

Comment

I just wanna say that i love sean connery and dougray scott, but i am a little embarrassed to say that i didn't realize they were scottish...silly me : ) they are both such awesome actors...they are amazing and i love them both...
                  i really liked sean connnery in the rock and i loved dougray in ever after...2 very good movies...
                  Gabe : )

Comment

Favorite Scottish Actors

Mine would probably be James Doohan, more than likely...but I wanna know one thing...is he really Scottish in real life? I know he was born in Canada, but there are a lot of Scots in Canada. Can anybody tell me? James Doohan really rocks the house. He makes an impact like you wouldn't believe and does it so well.

Comment

Hi

Hi I would have to agree with everyone on this board: Sean Connery, Dougray Scott and James Doohan are all excellent actors and I know from personally watching them. Sean Connery in James Bond and Highlander. Dougray Scott in M:I-2 and James Doohan as Scotty in Star Trek tos and Star Trek 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7. (not much of Star Trek 7 though )

See you around

Nick
                      Nick MacLeod (really John Brownbill)

Comment

Favourite Scottish Actor

Mmmm, I love Tommy Flanagan!! Not many people know who he is: he was in Gladiator where he play Maximus' servant, Cicero, who got hanged at the end. Braveheart, Ratcatcher, Sunset Strip, Inspector Rebus...

He's from Glasgow (YAY!). Most people noticed him in Gladiator for the seemingly flawless make-up job they did to create those scars. Well, they are real. Any one know who I am talking about?

Dev

Comment

Is Tommy Flanagan the one in Braveheart who married at the beginning and had to give the local lord first night rites? I've seen him in lots of movies! Very good actor.

Comment

Tommy Flanagan

Yes, that's him. Poor guy. My heart broke for him when that happened!

Yeah, he's in tons of stuff: The Game, Face/Off, The Saint, Sunset Strip, The Hanging Garden, Attila, Ratcatcher, Gladiator, Braveheart, and more to come

I'm so glad somebody recognized him!

Dev

Comment

The very best actor from Scotland was Duncan McRae!! Does anyone remember him at New Year on the T.V. giving "A wee cock sparrow sat in a tree?" I remember him when he used to play at the Citizens Theatre in Glasgow many years before he became a "film star" Does anyone else go back that far or am I just the only "ancient one"?
                              Kirsty

Comment

Working...
                              X