Driving Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Force

Hello from Southern Ontario, Canada. I'm leaving tomorrow on a whirl wind tour of the UK & Ireland. We'll be spending 6 days in Edinburgh and spreading our wings in different directions each day. This is fair warning, I'll be driving a rental van with 3 other people on board. I've never driven on the wrong, I mean left side, of the road before. Any tips that might help to keep me on the straight & narrow!

Hope it's going well!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Driving Force

Thanks KathyV. I was hoping for some answers to my question but I guess no ones interested.

Comment

just the same as anywhere else really, obey the speed limits (also in mph here) and be careful

some part of edinburgh are a nightmare to drive in so patience is required.

other than that you should enjoy your trip

Comment

hawkeye, many of our members don't actually live in the UK, so may not be able to advise you.

I have never driven there, just crossed streets, and can affirm what tig says, obey the traffic laws, be patient.

Other than getting accustomed to the 'other side' of things, I expect it's not all that different.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

If someone flashes their headlights at you, they are inviting you to go first. (I'm not sure about the etiquette in your corner of the world; I know in some countries flashing headlights means the opposite)

Flashing your lights is also a way of thanking another driver (if he's in front of you, obviously). If he is behind you, flashing your hazards lights means the same thing.

Comment

Roundabouts (or "circles" in Tayside) are a pickle if you don't know how to work them!
              Yer Maw!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X