Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Greetings

Hey all!

Look forward to the interaction here! I am part Scottish (mostly English and Colombian, oh well) and love Scottish culture and interests.

My Scottish (or possibly) Scottish families are Curry & Morrison.

John

Tait is a Name with Scots andEnglish origins. Currie (IME, the more common spelling in Scotland, Although I know some Northern Irish CurrYs), it's also a suburb of our capital, Edinburgh.

Comment

...and a delicious dish of south Asian origin...

Welcome!

Comment

Hi there John, I'm a Morrison as well, but from Ireland. Welcome!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Welcome from me too down under in NZ.

I had a Currie and a Morrison as teachers, and a good friend who was a Tate. So lots of Scottish connections with those names.

Comment

hi and welcome

i bought a curry out of morrisons once, does that count lol

Comment

I didn't know Morrison's sold curry, guess I need to check them out!

My dad took his stepfather's name (Tate), he was originally a Rackley which is very English.

Comment

Originally posted by Polwarth View Post
                it's also a suburb of our capital, Edinburgh.
                There used to be a wee joke back in the 60's/70's about why have Edinburgh Corporation Transport taken the Indian conductors off their Edinburgh to Balerno route ? Because they were eating all the Currie tickets !

Comment

Thankfully the joke stayed in the 70s!

Comment

Aye - they were dark, lonely nights huddled in front of the Calor Gas heater during the power strikes, with only a crappy joke for company !

Comment

I guess you city folks had it a lot harder than us country bumpkins during the power cuts.

We had a log fire, a paraffin lamp which gave enough light to rival the blackpool illuminations, a camping cooker, and we rigged up our little portable black and white TV to run off a car battery.

Sounds cosy, but we could not sit too close to the fire as in those days our two seater sofa was a blow up one from Dens Road market and our TV table was an upturned cardboard box.

Comment

Working...
                      X