Wishing everyone a belated Happy Thanksgiving

Leave a comment:

• reesepieces
    replied
    Maybe one day I will surprise you with what I have learned lol

Leave a comment:

• mikeyBoab
    replied
    Didn't really do much research; the first was frm a quick check on amazon's US site; the second one popped up as an ad on a different website I was on later, I assume as the result of my earlier search.

Good luck, if you decide you do want to learn the language.

Leave a comment:

• reesepieces
    replied
    Wow I havent been able to do the research like you have yet but I will been busy with responsibilities the holidays are here you seem to enjoy history

Leave a comment:

• mikeyBoab
    replied
    Here's an interactive software course from amazon:

Amazon.com: EuroTalk Interactive - Talk Now! Learn Scots Gaelic

Leave a comment:

• tig
    replied
    the number of gaelic speakers though small (57000 at the last scottish census) their numbers are growing constantly and theres gaelic schools popping up all over the place.

its a bit of a revival

Leave a comment:

• mikeyBoab
    replied
    Very rare - even in Scotland. There are only a handful of native speakers left. Why not try a basic phrasebook and CD (you need a CD, believe me!!). I'm sure you'll find something on the likes of Amazon.

In fact here's one: Amazon.com: Complete Gaelic with Two Audio CDs: A Teach Yourself Guide (Teach Yourself Language) (9780071748155): Boyd Robertson, Iain Taylor: Books

Leave a comment:

• reesepieces
    replied
    Thanks. I just think it's a beautiful language and becoming rare for people to speak, let alone hear. So I will be checking out places that offer it. But it is not not offered here in tn

Leave a comment:

• mikeyBoab
    replied
    Hi and welcome.

Gaelic is a very difficult language for many native English speakers. Do you have access to proper classroom tuition?

Leave a comment:

• kathyv
    replied
    As we are an American owned site, there aren't a huge amount of folks from Scotland on here, but welcome!

Leave a comment:

• reesepieces
    started a topic reesepieces

reesepieces

Hi everyone new to the forum wanting to chant with people from scotland would like to learn the gaelic language
Working...
X