Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kathyv
    replied
    Hi there Alex, welcome. Please be sure to check the Moving forum as Polwarth suggests, very helpful info there.

Leave a comment:

• Polwarth
    replied
    The first thing to do would be to check which visa you may be eligible for, in both your cases.

All the info is available here

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

I see that this move may not be for a long time, so visa requirements will probably change a great deal in the next 5-10 years, but you will get an idea of current requirements.

Unless you have recent UK born (or EU-born) relatives, then visas are dependant on your 'skills set'being on the required list, and any job advertised here has to prove that they have tried advertising in the UK and ALL EU countries unsuccessfully before being allowed to apply for a work visa.

Have a look at the Moving forum here, there is a lot of useful info there.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianAlex
    started a topic Wanting to return to Scotland

Wanting to return to Scotland

Hello everyone,

My wife and me want to see just how viable it may be for us to move to Scotland. We have both lived in Canada for all our lives, and despite its beauty, it's terribly expensive to live where we currently live, and long for something new, different, and well... less cold. I work outside all year round, and in the summers we can get into +35c and in the winter a regular temperature of -35c, neither of which are particularly fun to work in.

The move is probably not going to be for another five-ten years, but we figure it would be a good idea to look at our options, and Scotland is currently our top choice without question!

So I'm here to discover a bit more about my ancestry homeland, and find out what kind of life my wife and I can expect to find in yet another beautiful country.
Working...
X