Newbie Wanting to Make Scotland Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Wanting to Make Scotland Home

Hello - am new here having just returned from 3 weeks in Scotland, my first visit. I'm hoping to move there and researching immigration laws for the self employed. I have contract employment I can take with me - i.e. don't need a job in Scotland, can take mine with me. Meet other immigration rules I think but can't find definitive answer if I can immigrate. Any assistance in this area appreciated.

That would depend where youre intending to emigrate from and your skill set.

The UK has a very tight system. If you have skills which we need, as show on the Home Office site,it will still be difficult.

As far as I know, you cannot work for a foreign company in the UK.

This site has all the info re visa requirements. https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...nd-immigration

ETA: of course you can work here for a foreign company! just not remotely if they are not based here or they are eligible to obtain a work permit on your behalf.
    Last edited by Polwarth; 13 June 2014, 09:56.

Comment

As Polwarth said, it is more than likely you would need to do more research on whether teh UK immigration would allow you in beyond a visitor visa for the trade that you have.
      Yer Maw!!!!!

Comment

Polworth is right

However if all else fails, request political aslyium
        You should be ok

Comment

Where do you live currently Macman and what industry/trade do you work in if you don't mind me asking.

If you're Romanian then you'll be a shoe-in.

Comment

Romanians are Europeans hence theyre covered by EU free movement laws.

no immigration required.

and for info less have came here since they joined the eu than before they did.

Comment

Originally posted by tig View Post
              Romanians are Europeans hence theyre covered by EU free movement laws.

no immigration required.

and for info less have came here since they joined the eu than before they did.
              I am aware of this...

Comment

Working...
              X