Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Originally posted by Shell7 View Post
    Welcome Colin, lots of nice folks on here...
    Thanks for the welcome, all the best !!

Comment

Originally posted by Shell7 View Post
      Welcome Colin, lots of nice folks on here...
      have you fooled!
      Yer Maw!!!!!

Comment

Och, Scotland is comparable to the West side of Oregon, here in the East it's very different.

We don't have the wet, rain forests, big cities, slugs or bone chilling cold! LOL

My wine recommendation, the Late Harvest Chenin Blanc from Chateau Ste Michelle in Washington! mmmm!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by kathyv View Post
          Och, Scotland is comparable to the West side of Oregon, here in the East it's very different.

We don't have the wet, rain forests, big cities, slugs or bone chilling cold! LOL

My wine recommendation, the Late Harvest Chenin Blanc from Chateau Ste Michelle in Washington! mmmm!
          That's true. I grew up on the eastern side (in Pendleton) but live on the western side (in Albany) now. It is VERY different! But definitely still a lot of farm land.

Thanks for the wine recommendations, I'm new to the wine scene so I'm definitely not much help

Comment

That's funny Shell, I grew up southwest of Eugene and now live in Wallowa County!

Comment

Originally posted by kathyv View Post
              That's funny Shell, I grew up southwest of Eugene and now live in Wallowa County!
              Kathyv you live in a beautiful area! I used to love going to Wallowa Lake

Comment

KathV

Thanks for that good info

I will see if I can get that wine here, will probably need to go to a wine importer - but worth looking in to -

Its amazing how you can have such a diversity in the climate within just one state

A bit like Scotland - not

Comment

Do they have a late harvest wine available in Europe? How that works is they let the ripe grapes freeze on the vines, then harvest. The freezing ramps up the sugars and oh my it's yummy! I always have this image of irritated European wine makers stomping the ground at the 'abuse' being done to these lovely grapes! LOL

Oregon has it all; Alpine mts, rainforests, beaches, low deserts, high deserts, volcanoes, plaines, sage brush, boggy swamps, real mountains and actual hills! (LOL! Local joke!) We don't have a jungle, but we do have a form of tundra. Where I am we can get all 4 seasons in one day, year 'round! (It snowed last night, the snow level is down to 5500 feet, and I live just a bit lower than 4000, wearing my warm clothes today that's for sure!)

Comment

Working...
                  X