Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, i`ve recently joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I`m a nostalgic Scotsman with a keen interest in our history, i`m often accused of living in the past but there are worse things in the World, surely Anyway, i`m already enjoying the various threads and hope to converse with like-minded people. Cheers !!

Hi Colin! Welcome! Glad you are enjoying the discussions!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Hi.
      ~paula

Comment

How's it going Colin? Welcome . . .

Comment

Thank you

@kathyV @PiscesPaula @mikeyBoab Hello there and thanks for the welcome, all the best.

Comment

Hi

Hi Colin - not long found the web site myself and enjoying the banter

Comment

Welcome mate, we need regular posters!
              Yer Maw!!!!!

Comment

Aye

The more posters the better

Comment

@OchAyeTheNoo @YerMaw Hi there, thanks for the welcome. All the best !!!

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Colin, lots of nice folks on here...

Comment

Shell7 -hi

I noticed you are from Oregan

I always though that Oregan would be the state that I would most likely to move too

Tell me more about it and the people - I have this understanding that the people are sort of country people down to earth, happy and thankful for what they have, as for the countryside not unlike Scotland, plenty of mountains, green grass open spaces but most of all warm friendly characters.

A country based opon agricultural, and homely values

Look forward to your reply

Comment

Originally posted by och aye the noo View Post
                        I noticed you are from Oregan

I always though that Oregan would be the state that I would most likely to move too

Tell me more about it and the people - I have this understanding that the people are sort of country people down to earth, happy and thankful for what they have, as for the countryside not unlike Scotland, plenty of mountains, green grass open spaces but most of all warm friendly characters.

A country based opon agricultural, and homely values

Look forward to your reply

You have it about right, the people and the countryside. There are some areas just south of me that I imagine look like Scotland. Oregon really is a beautiful place with very down to earth people. There are definitely a lot of country folks here, but there are definitely city folk as well. We only have a few major cities and outside of those, it is mostly forests, waterfalls, farm land and vineyards and then we border the Pacific Ocean on the west side of the state. I love to camp, hike, fish and take pictures so what more could a girl ask for then beautiful scenery. We are definitely very friendly and the people that I know are very family oriented.

You have pretty much nailed the description. I think you would adjust nicely if you ever did move because it probably isn't that unlike home. You're welcome any time!

Comment

Shell7

Vineyards - is there any local wine you could recommend that is exported?

Comment

Originally posted by och aye the noo View Post
                            Vineyards - is there any local wine you could recommend that is exported?
                            I'm actually not sure which vineyards export but I'll look into that for you. There are so many here it's hard to say. We even have a few distilleries that dabble in spirits!

Comment

Shell

Thanks for looking into that

Comment

Working...
                              X