Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A big Oklahoman "Howdy" to the good folks in Scotland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big Oklahoman "Howdy" to the good folks in Scotland.

Hello ; just joined into the forum. My wife and I went to Scotland this past august and it was "Smashing"! We are making plans to return one year from now. I hope to be able to gather some insight/info for our itinerary ...

Hey G, how's it going?

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thank you. How was the weather earlier today?

Comment

hi and welcome.

sunny at first but reverted back to the usual constant drizzley rain about 5ish haha

Comment

Hi there G! Welcome to the site. Where in OK are you?

Be sure to check in the Travel forum for ideas and help, also, if you haven't already, get yourself a good guidebook, it's a valuable tool!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Pretty hot and sunny till seven down here, then thunderstorms.

How about over there G?

Comment

I'm originally from Tulsa ( a town east of there called Pryor creek).

This past August we traveled to Scotland, travelled around by Train (that was a lot of fun!) mainly made the loop around Edinburg,, Aberdeen, Loch Ness/Inverness, then Loch Lomond. Had a grand time!! (the tattoo is stills o fresh in my mind!)

SO we are planning our return for a year form this month. and will travel around by car for a more leisure pace.

We stayed at the Cameron House and I have created a monster!! (Did it as a surprise for the wife (it was our 30th anniversary and we never had a honey moon)) So we will start the future journey form there and the go to Oban, Ft William, Pitlochry and then fly home from Edinburgh.

Comment

That sounds like a fantastic vacation G. And good thinking on the overnighter at Cameron House - you old dog you

Comment

Okies (that is one of the names for Oklahomans) have lots of sayings, and the one that comes to mind is "If Momma isn't happy, NOBODY is happy!"

Comment

Makes sense . . . .

Comment

The two memories of all the memories of out trip that always comes to mind, is the night at the Tattoo when the Mass bands came out of the Castle, playing Athol Highlander....... Man that stirred the spirit!!!

and then standing on the shores of Loch Lomond, and looking north and seeing Ben Lomond with my wife. ....... Life was good at that moment!!! edible marked in my memory it is...

Comment

Originally posted by gstafford View Post
                        Hello ; just joined into the forum. My wife and I went to Scotland this past august and it was "Smashing"! We are making plans to return one year from now. I hope to be able to gather some insight/info for our itinerary ...
                        Hello G, and welcome to our newest friend from the Sooner State. One hopes you will be made welcome here!
                        Yer Maw!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X