Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newbie indroduction

Hello everyone,
    My name is Mandy. I'm from the US. 27 year old nursing student student working my way through school at a grocery store. I'm divorced with 2 young children (not to be mistaken as a single mom exactly. Single yes, but both my ex and I take parenting seriously. We co-parent better than most married couples I know)
    On to what brought me here...From the time I was a child I've been intrigued by Scottish culture. Though I have no roots to Scotland that I know of I've dreamt of it my whole life. I have no doubt in my mind that in the next few years (and several times after) I will be vacationing there and eventually looking for a home. I am well aware of how weird that sounds.
    My ex husband's family came from Scotland in the 1600's on both sides (Family name is Baird and Hammond) though I didn't know about that until our daughter was born.
    So what I'm looking for here are pen pals and friends. I'm hoping there are a few of you nice men and women who will be kind enough to help me plan my trip and help me learn more about the country I dream of. and if any of you are interested in knowing more about daily life in the American south I'd be happy to share it with you.

PS thanks for Gerard Butler and Craig Ferguson!
    Give me a mountain landscape over a city skyline any day! God's handiwork is far more beautiful than something created by the modern man.

Hello Mandy, what kind of help were you needing?
    Yer Maw!!!!!

Comment

Hi there Manderee, and welcome! We have a pen pals forum, be sure to check there for people!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Working...
      X