Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'Day from Oz

Hi SDF!

First of all a Big Hi to All SDF Posters. At the moment the whole of Oz is certainly having its fair share of bushfires, particularly right along the East Coast of Oz from Tasmania, Victoria, New South Wales and into Queensland. Over 100 properties have been lost but fortunately no loss of life to date, which is great news.

Secondly, I'm a retired primary school teacher who is trying to establish an "Irish/Scots Connection" as I have hit a brickwall in Ireland with my g/g/g/g/g-f Robert C. (b. ca. 1735, Belfast, Co. Antrim) m. Sarah H. Todd (b. ca. 1740, Belfast, Co. Antrim) ca 1760. Thought I would drop in on Scotland, as I have a feeling that there is a strong chance of a link, but how do I find it?

Lastly, thanks for taking the time to read my first posted message. Have a great year and I look forward to reading many more of the interesting & varied posted messages I have dropped in on while waiting for authorisation of my account.

Chow for Now until Next Time!

Bob C.

P.S I have "Retraced the Journey of My Australian Caldwell Decendants" from Sydney/Oz, across to Quebec/Canada, down to Salem/Upper NYS, across to Belfast/N.I and now ending somewhere in Scotland hopefully.

G'day.

I have family in Melbourne, Canberra and NSW. some near Yass, where continues to be a real possibility of the fires spreading. Severe weather is just one of the things about Oz that makes me glad I was the one to stay home - although I love to visit. Was hoping to return this year, but an imminent house move might put pay to that until early 2014.

Comment

Hi there and welcome! Be sure to check in the Genealogy forum for help, there are some who visit there who may not see your message here!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Working...
      X