Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from South Ayrshire

Hi all !!

I stumbled upon this site through a search engine for Scottish Forums so here I am !! Anything thats promotes the love of Scotland and all things Scottish is all good by me so I look forward to getting stuck into the forums.

Welcome to the forum Colin; like you I look for anything that promotes Scotland tho you'll find many of the members of this place (as well as the people who run the site and forum) prefer Brigadoon! Its good to see someone else who'll be able to put a proper Scottish point of view across tho!
    Support CHAS the Children's Hospice Association Scotland

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Scotsites !!

Yea the view of Scotland to outsiders and the actual truth are 2 different things so I look forward to good conversation and setting the record straight not that Brigadoon,the prime of miss jean brodie and wickerman dont have their place in our affections!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ColinShearer View Post
        Hi all !!

I stumbled upon this site through a search engine for Scottish Forums so here I am !! Anything thats promotes the love of Scotland and all things Scottish is all good by me so I look forward to getting stuck into the forums.

Welcome !

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Comment

As you say, Brigadoon, etc have their place!

Anyway, I've just checked out your zazzle and was struck by something very familiar:

Not quite the same, but its either a case of great minds think alike or... well how about we just stick with that?
            Support CHAS the Children's Hospice Association Scotland

Comment

Welcome
              As a native of Edinburgh, I'll just say 'You'll huv hud yer tea?'

Comment

Originally posted by ScotSites View Post
                As you say, Brigadoon, etc have their place!

Anyway, I've just checked out your zazzle and was struck by something very familiar:

Not quite the same, but its either a case of great minds think alike or... well how about we just stick with that?
                Great minds indeed haha !!

Comment

Brigadoon ? was that the 'merican film set in scotchland ,
                  'cause nobody wanted to mention the war ?

Comment

Hi there Colin and welcome from an American who appreciates things Scottish (especially the Shortbread!) and not Brigadoonish!

Duthill, it was SUPPOSED to be set in Scotland however the producers wouldn't free up the cash to send the crew etc to the real thing so they faked it all with plastic plants, painted backdrops and clever construction tricks.

It's an interesting story and has some nice enough music but as a good film, it falls short.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Working...
                    X