Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RossClanUS
    replied
    Sorry Babz, I'll remember that. Tough to kick the upbringing of Yes, sir...No, sir...Yes, mam...and No, mam, etc. My appologies.

Leave a comment:

• Babz
    replied
    Originally posted by RossClanUS View Post
    Thank you all. I am thinking of travelling to Rosshire, the area from where my kin came from. Thanks again for your time. I'll check out the travel forum...as Ms. Babz suggested.

Now you know the area you could be going to it will be easier for others to advise you.

By the way please don't call me Ms

Babz will do nicely
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RossClanUS
    replied
    Thank you all. I am thinking of travelling to Rosshire, the area from where my kin came from. Thanks again for your time. I'll check out the travel forum...as Ms. Babz suggested.

Leave a comment:

• Babz
    replied
    Originally posted by RossClanUS View Post
    to visit the Highlands of Scotland. I want to visit at the best time. I enjoy cooler weather. Thanks.
    Hi Ross and welcome to Scotland.com.

I do suggest that you look through the Travel Forum and get an idea of what places
    are like and then ask specific questions on the areas you intend to visit.

The Highlands cover an area that can have various different weather patterns at one moment in time.

Leave a comment:

• Polwarth
    replied
    Originally posted by ANDY-J3 View Post
    In Scotland you can get wind and rain at anytime of the year and when it isn't raining visitors to the highlands have to deal with swarms of biting insects called midges that are present throughout the summer. In my experience however early September is a good time to visit. It isn't excessively hot as it is at the height of summer.
    Depends what you want to see/do as well! Many of the castles are closed out of season. If you are interested in the arts, then August is best as the Edinburgh Festival(s) take place then.

Leave a comment:

• ANDY-J3
    replied
    In Scotland you can get wind and rain at anytime of the year and when it isn't raining visitors to the highlands have to deal with swarms of biting insects called midges that are present throughout the summer. In my experience however early September is a good time to visit. It isn't excessively hot as it is at the height of summer.

Leave a comment:

• RossClanUS
    started a topic What is the best time of year...

What is the best time of year...

to visit the Highlands of Scotland. I want to visit at the best time. I enjoy cooler weather. Thanks.
Working...
X