Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to stop in introduce myself. I'll be traveling to Scotland in August (from University of Colorado) for a semester abroad at the University of Glasgow, and a lot of the threads I've read here have been very helpful for some basic information about the city.

I'll be studying cultural and political geography; I can't tell you how excited I am to take courses there!

One question though...has anyone had experience with being at uni as a non-traditional student (I think you might call me a mature student?)? I'll be 31 when I arrive, and I'm curious about how the experience will be. I guess you could say I did things backwards....went to work after secondary school and just started college a couple of years ago.

In any case, thank you, and I hope everyone had a good day!

hello
    You'd probably get more answers if you post in the Travel and Moving fora on here!

Uni of Glasgow, eh?

Sorry, I'm from Edinburgh, and that's where my knowledge lies - but I know there are a few Glasgow residents/graduates on here, so you may be in luck!

Re what we call 'mature students'. I have a number each year - there are drawbacks and pluses... just like life!

Comment

Hi Simba and welcome . . .

Congrats on making the decision to return to Uni after a break from education. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, Glasgow is a great city and the university is beautiful (not including the buildings constructed during the 60s which are, for the most part, grey boxes). And it's in a great area, lots of pubs and restaurants, museums, libraries etc.

There are plenty of mature students there; in fact, there is a faculty of "continuing education" which caters specifically to mature students. I'm sure you'll love it here.

All the best,
      Michael

Comment

test

Comment

:d

Comment

Working...
          X