Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, Im happy to be here and excited to learn more about the Scottish culture. Talk to you soon!

Sam
    Fontana

Hi Sam and welcome

What song would you like....mind you I will say you won't stay long if I start singing to you

Comment

Hi there and welcome!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Scottish culture are awesome! Their culture was derived from the Treaty of Union 1707.

Comment

Originally posted by pia watson View Post
          Scottish culture... was derived from the Treaty of Union 1707.
          It was? Wow! I'm gonna have to go and rethink EVERYTHING I know about Scottish culture!

Seriously, if this is the kind of people this forum attracts then maybe its about time someone did the decent thing and shut it down!
          Support CHAS the Children's Hospice Association Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by ScotSites View Post
            Seriously, if this is the kind of people this forum attracts then maybe its about time someone did the decent thing and shut it down!
            ... if this is the kind of person this forum attracts, then I'm glad it's here to help correct the abundance of misconceptions about Scotland. Isn't that better than dismissing people out of hand simply because they don't know any better?
            I don't know where Pia's from, but there are obviously cultural and even language barriers to overcome, just as with lots of other contributors to the forum.
            So, in an effort to improve things..

Welcome Pia - hope you enjoy using the forum. It would be nice to know where you're from and what particular aspects of Scottish culture interest you (before or after 1707).

There... that didn't hurt, did it?

Comment

Fudged, its one thing trying to help correct the abundance of misconceptions about Scotland and in that I would not only commend your attempts, but also support you! However in my opinion its a waste of time trying to educate people that are stating total garbage (as per pia's post) as fact... feel free to try tho!

Comment

hehe - aye, I know ...my head constantly hurts from the brick wall it bangs against. Can't help meself though - the eternal optimist

Comment

Stick around, Fudged - you'll soon get it knocked ooty ye!

Comment

I suspect someone is trying to stir things up and knows fine well what they're talking about.

Everyone knows Scottish Culture stems from the Nigerian invasion of Bangladesh in 1624.

Hi Sam. Welcome.

Comment

I think you'll find it was 1626 - June, I believe.

Comment

Don't be ridiculous. A June invasion??? How bourgeois.

Comment

It happened earlier than 1626 as well... I think you might find it was closer to 3pm!

Comment

Awaaaay, ya bams

Comment

Better to be a bam than a bum.

Comment

Working...
                              X