Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kathyv
    replied
    I'm in Wallowa County, 2 hours east of Pendleton.

I started comeong here because I wanted to find recipes for some of the great treats I have on my first trip to Scotland, Chranachan and stuff, and it all just snowballed from that visit!

Leave a comment:

• luvscotland
    replied
    Moving from Portland, OR

Originally posted by kathyv View Post
    Hi there luvscotland, elcome. Where are you planning to move from?

I agree, St. Andrews is nice!
    I know that it isn't easy to immigrate to the UK. Most likely, I'll get an apartment first, return before the 6 months allowed is up, and then at age 60, apply as A Retired Person of Independent Means. Also, if I can publish some of my Celtic Music, and make a buck or two at it, I may apply as a Musician.

What part of Oregon do you live in? What has attracted you to this site and to Scotland?

Cheers,
    luvscotland

Leave a comment:

• mikeyBoab
    replied
    Hi luvscotland and welcome.

Leave a comment:

• kathyv
    replied
    Hi there luvscotland, elcome. Where are you planning to move from?

I agree, St. Andrews is nice!

Leave a comment:

• luvscotland
    started a topic Hi Scotland

Hi Scotland

As an ardent lover of bonnie Scotland, I am thrilled to have become a member of this community. My hope is to move to Scotland in a few years. I am looking seriously at St. Andrews ... no, I don't play golf. But, I love the history and the feel of the place. Besides, I like Fife and East Neuk. Oh, did I mention that Edinburgh is my favorite city?! Anyway, say hi back .... I've been all over Scotland (e.g., Skye, Fort William, Oban, Blackwaterfoot, Aberdour, Stirling, etc.) and would love to hear from you. Oh, one last thing ... I write Celtic music .... and I got a chance to play one of my compositions on Lady Hamilton's piano in Brodick Castle. Is that cool, or what?
    Bye for now.
Working...
X