Hiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya

Hiya. I am COMING LIKE Man I didn't think I could get this excited about something. December I go to Edinburgh & Aberdeen for 3 weeks wooohooooo.

As a born and raised desert girl from Arizona USA, this is gonna be quite an adjustment for me. I am gonna be very very cold. But I will be alright

Just wanted to SAY HIYA.
    ~Jacci~

lol - Hi kozmic, glad you're looking forward to your trip - you'll have to wrap up warm to shake off that desert climate Anything you're particularly looking forward to while you're here?

Comment

I would love ideas!

I would love any ideas of things I SHOULD just see. I have 2 weeks in Edinburgh with my sister in law, a weekend in belfast, Ireland, and a week split amongst my inlaws between the northwest coast and aberdeen with my other sil. I am concerned about budget. I get a mere like 40 of my pennies for my dollar because of the exchange rate. It is going to be so different than anything I HAVE ever seen. I think I will just be amazed. I am MOST looking forward to seeing the best sights, enjoying the beverage, and HAVING a blast. Anything along those lines ARE PERFECT. I must KEEP WARM.

I really am worried about the climate extremes. I live in a place with an average yearly temperature of something like 88 F/31 C. I get cold thinking about how cold I am gonna be.

But now that I have whined about the cold, its a dream come true coming to Scotland for me so I am just well CHUFFED. Thanks for being the only one to reply to me !
      ~Jacci~

Comment

lol, you're welcome. I'm sure some of the others will drop by, especially if you want to ask about particular topics. Don't worry too much about the cold, just be preapred

Comment

Hi Kozmik and welcome.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here. But yeah, it's pretty cold today

Regards,
          Michael

Comment

Hi kozmic and welcome

Between now and Friday it's going to be 6C (44F) and 12C (54F) here in Aberdeen so that is a great
            change in what you are used to !!

As long as you were a few light layers of clothing you might not feel it as much...a good coat is a must !!

Comment

Thank you

I want to thank you all for taking the time to respond to me

My sister in law is going to be prepared and have a jacket handy for me upon landing. The part of Arizona I live in doesn't even have jackets suitable for Scotland.

Who is familiar with Edinburgh and would like to share some affordable "must do's for me?

I have been reading around this site and checking youtube for video's but it is all so overwhelming. I leave in 35 days and would like to start making a list of stuff I "should do".

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Ta.
              ~Jacci~

Comment

Originally posted by Babz View Post
                Hi kozmic and welcome

Between now and Friday it's going to be 6C (44F) and 12C (54F) here in Aberdeen so that is a great
                change in what you are used to !!

As long as you were a few light layers of clothing you might not feel it as much...a good coat is a must !!

you just have no idea how cold that sounds to me. In December/January will it be much colder or about the same?
                ~Jacci~

Comment

Originally posted by Kozmik_burd View Post

you just have no idea how cold that sounds to me. In December/January will it be much
                  colder or about the same?
                  Much Much colder

Comment

Originally posted by Babz View Post
                    Much Much colder

Ok well I am not gonna freak out about it. If I can survive 127 degrees Farenheit (55 celsius), I can survive the cold too. I will just put on 15 layers if I have to.

Thanks for the heads up.
                    ~Jacci~

Comment

Welcome.

Ooh, you are going to notice the temperature all right. Heck, from Arizona to a damp cold Scottish winter? How very lucky that we invented whisky to deal with the cold, eh?

BUT your sis-in-law will be able to help you out. Remember that layers are wiser than, say, getting one enormous pullover or whatever. Easier to add and subtract clothing for small changes of temperature throughout the day, for when you are suddenly in a car or in a caf or museum or all of that.

I can't help you much about Edinburgh, but I suggest you ask in the "Travel" forum and hope a genuine "Edinburger" will appear. You might actually have done that already: if so, sorry.

You will have a great time despite the weather, I am sure.

Comment

Thank you so much Celyn for that very thoughtful response. I will post in Travel section I peaked around in there but I will have to have a proper look for ideas.

Thanks again and can't wait
                        ~Jacci~

Comment

Working...
                        X