Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A late introduction from the Netherlands

Hi,
    I'm a member of this forum for quite some time, but haven't been very active yet So I thought it would be time to change that and introduce myself

I'm a 38 years old dutch woman, working as a documentmanager for a local government and totally passioned about Scotland. I live in the Netherlands but when I'm in Scotland, it feels more like home to me then when I'm at home (does that make any sense?)

I'm dreaming quite some time allready about making the move to Scotland, but only now I'm seriously considering the options and possibilities.
    So who knows.......one day I will take my three cats along and make the move with them. Can dream what I want, but they have to go with me, not leaving without them!

Well, not only loving Scotland (it's nature, landscape, history, people, music etc.) ofcourse I also have many other interests. Like music (very passionate fan of David Bowie) and just discovered a new interest: photography. Just bought myself a new, more advanced camera, so soon I have to go back to Scotland to make beautiful pictures!
    The landscape of Scotland is in my opinion a living art subject, the ever changing light, the clouds playing around the top of the mountains.....I can sit on one spot for hours and enjoy the ever changing scenery.

I really like to be part of this community where we all share one interest: Scotland!

Hi there bien! Nice to meet you.

I agree about Scotland but you live in a lovely country as well! My daughter and I were in The Netherlands about 10 years ago and really enjoyed it. We got to see a nice mix of city, Amsterdam, and country when we did a day trip to Volendam and around the countryside there. Lovely! I could see why the Old Masters loved to paint the area, great light and clouds.

I hope you get a chance to live your dream. Until then, enjoy visiting about a beautiful place.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Hi bien, good to know you.

All the best,
      Michael

Comment

Hello Bien and a belated welcome from me to you

I see that you have already been over here, which places did you visit ??

I went to Eindhoven years ago, probably went to other places but thats the only place I remember !!

Comment

Hoi. Welkom. Ik ben ook Nederlands.

Comment

Working...
          X