Hi ya'll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ya'll

I'm glad to have found this site. This forum seems to have a bit more class than some of the others I've looked at. I returned a month ago from a wonderful holiday in Scotland and fell in love with a people, culture and language. I can't seem to get enough of it. It has inspired me to write a story based on it and try and learn Gaelic. I've joined my ancestral clan and look forward to reveling in this Scottish world I've discovered. I live in an isolated area, away from anywhere that has Scottish festivals and the like, so I'm starving for a contact with Scottishness.

I just read this over and it sounds like I'm wierd. I'm not, really. Quite down to Earth, actually. Please don't be afraid of me. This is just how I feel at the moment.
    I am Homesick for a place I have been only once: na Gaidhealtachd 's nan Eilean!

Hi there, and welcome. You might meet a few Scots here! Check out the rest of the site and post with us!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Hiya and welcome Marlys of Mull

I do suspect you visited Mull...but where else did you see ??

I read 'your don't be afraid' and thought me never...then realised my boots were shaking...

Comment

Calm down babz! Marlys might not even like chocolate, you are probably safe! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kathyv View Post
          Calm down babz! Marlys might not even like chocolate, you are probably safe! LOL
          I really hope they don't as IIIIIIIIIIIIII DO NOT SHARE MY CHOCCIE GINGERS

Babz must do her breathing exercises more often

Comment

Originally posted by Marlys of Mull View Post
            I'm glad to have found this site. This forum seems to have a bit more class than some of the others I've looked at.....
            Class? Us? Who has been giving this new girl the wrong impression here? Own up.

Oops, I think I meant "hello and welcome", but I spelled it wrongly. Welcome, Marlys.

Comment

thistlebemy first post

Hello,
              I have just joined. I write to you from the Napa Valley in California. Lovely time of year, here...the weather is turning cooler and "Crush" (the havesting of the grapes) is ending. I had planned to be in Scotland at this time, but a new job has me putting off my next trip over until next year.

Comment

Hi there thistlebeme, welcome. Napa Valley is beautiful! So is Scotland, I hope you get there someday!

Comment

Oooo! I'm gonna like it here!

Originally posted by Celyn View Post
                  Class? Us? Who has been giving this new girl the wrong impression here? Own up.

Oops, I think I meant "hello and welcome", but I spelled it wrongly. Welcome, Marlys.
                  Heh-heh! The impression was my own. I'm all about a little warpedness and frivolity. It's the irreverance bordering on vulgarity I don't care for.

Babz, I stayed in Glasgow for most of my trip and took day trips out to Ayrshire and Greenock a couple of the days.
                  Kathyv and Babz, I do like chocolate but if your mixing it with ginger, they're all yours. It's sweets in general I like. I LOVE the tradition of Scottish (Brittish, too?) high tea. I think us Americans should adopt that tradition.

Thanks for the great welcome and sorry it took so long to respond. Dial-up stinks.

thistlebemy, welcome!
                  I am Homesick for a place I have been only once: na Gaidhealtachd 's nan Eilean!

Comment

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee I get to eat all my gingers on my own :

We are a mixed class of... not sure what really

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi thistlebeme or is that thistlebemy and welcome to the site...

I like chocolare raisins as well as 'gingers' so if you have any going spare I would love them to cover in choccie

Comment

choccy gingers. . .

Unless I get them first babz! heh heh heh

Be wary!

Mixed class of nuts maybe!

Comment

potato, potahto

It was a lame play on words...thistlebeme is the log-in name...and thanks for the welcome. I actually have been to Scotland. Twice. I love to drive around the backroads and am looking forward to the next opportunity to be there. The first time I was there was with my son, and as we headed out towards Largs from Glasgow in the misty rain, he said it was no wonder that we like the Northern California coast (and all it's mist/fog/rain) so much----cellular memory.

Comment

Working...
                        X