Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

I have been directed here! I am late of savegaelic.
    If anyone wants assistance with the language, I'll be happy to help.
    Margaret

Cel-r-nan eilean
    www.ceol-ur-nan-eilean.co.uk

Hi Margaret and welcome to the scotland.com forum!

I had a wee look at your web site - I wish you and Paul all the best with it! (By the way, your guestbook doesn't seem to be working! )

Anyway, enjoy your time on this forum!
    I'm actually from Scotland so really I should have known better than to actually join this forum

Comment

Hi Margaret, lovely site you have there. Its nice to have another Scot on this forum as there seems to be very few
      The spam in the posts are not to be eaten just ignore them

"Arguing with someone on the internet is like mud wrestling with a pig.
      After a while you realize the pig likes it."

Comment

Hello Margaret
        I'm sure your offer will be welcomed if you post in the Language forum on the site.

Get tore in!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the nice comments about the website.
          I believe if you click on 'listen' you can hear the first track of the CD.

Comment

That would be interesting Margaret, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be the option to click on 'listen'!

Also could I make one other suggestion for your site - you should make sure the actual name of the site appears on every page. Just a small matter, but it becomes your "identity" and connects all the pages together.
            I'm actually from Scotland so really I should have known better than to actually join this forum

Comment

Thanks for that.
              People used to listen to it but we've changed hosts. I'll tell the fellow in OZ who looks after the site about your suggestion and he will act upon it. Me? I haven't a clue!!!!

Comment

Aye get the OZ man told!

In the meantime, as Polwarth suggested, maybe you should mention your offer of assistance with Gaelic in the language section!

Comment

Done!

Comment

hi ...Welcome to the site
                    so,you would be able to teach some of the language?
                    that would be great for me!

Comment

Hi again. There seems to be a problem with your website. When I had a look the following was displayed instead of what I was expecting:

Welcome to Your New Hosting Package
                      This is your index.html page
                      Please replace this when you upload your website

I think you need to speak to the Man from Oz again!

Comment

Thanks. I had to change my host as the servers were down so often so hopefully the website will be up by this evening. If not, my friend in Oz will put it up on Saturday when he returns to Melbourne.
                        Unfortunately for me there's nobody over here that can help this poor technophobe.

Comment

Out of curiosity, why do you have a techy in Oz when there are loads in the UK that can do the same job - and work the same hours as we do here!

Comment

It was a student of mine and he asked me why I didn't have a website and if I wanted one he could set it up for me.
                            I didn't know anyone over here as it would have been very much better to have someone on the doorstep as it were.

Comment

Not bad getting a student to do the work - good for you and him!

Comment

Working...
                              X