Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

Hi all,

I've been living up here in the NE Scotland for the last 10 years. The wife and I are doing the good life thing on a small holding in Aberdeenshire.

Expect lots of whinging about rain ruining crops and the joys of polytunnel tomato growing.

pete
    inthehills

Whinge away!

Comment

whinge

OK, I will.

Grass, you wouldn't think it'd be harmed by a bit of rain. Ok, a lot of rain, but still, grass is grass, but no. Winter feed this year will be scarce and more expensive 'cos none of the cut grass has dried enough to make in to hay and those fields still left uncut are now being beaten down by the heavy rains. This flattened grass will probably rot in the field and be of no use.

argghhh.

And don't get me started on the state of my pumpkins, onions and brassicas.

pete
      inthehills

Comment

Rain? In Scotland? Unheard of - except on days ending with a y!
        I'm actually from Scotland so really I should have known better than to actually join this forum

Comment

Originally posted by oneofthefew View Post
          Rain? In Scotland? Unheard of - except on days ending with a y!
          Sun, Snaw , Haar , Blaw - in Scotland ? Unheard of - except on days .....

Comment

Hi Pete and welcome to Scotland.com !!

I think that I have seen you around in another site that I go into, anyway enjoy being here and please
            join in the other forum's !!

Comment

Originally posted by pete_inthehills View Post

argghhh.

And don't get me started on the state of my pumpkins, onions and brassicas.

pete
              inthehills
              Well, just make sure not to use those underwired brassicas. 'cos they are always terrible.

Oops. I think I meant to say "welcome" but I spelled it all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Celyn View Post
                Well, just make sure not to use those underwired brassicas. 'cos they are always terrible.

Oops. I think I meant to say "welcome" but I spelled it all wrong.
                Celyn, you always make me, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Babz View Post
                  Hi Pete and welcome to Scotland.com !!

I think that I have seen you around in another site that I go into, anyway enjoy being here and please
                  join in the other forum's !!
                  arrgghh! I've been recognised! My only hope is to run for the hills...no wait, I'm already there.

nice to see you today Babz, I'm sure we'll see each other again in the "other place"...

pete

Comment

Originally posted by pete_inthehills View Post
                    arrgghh! I've been recognised! My only hope is to run for the hills...no wait, I'm already there.

nice to see you today Babz, I'm sure we'll see each other again in the "other place"...

pete
                    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Pete...you don't let them know in here that we have met

Think I had better say that Jim was with me and that there were at least half a dozen
                    more people there !!
                    Hope to meet your other half next time !!

I had a look in the cottage site and it looks a lovely place !!

Comment

SPAMMER!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Aye a spammer - and yet nothing ever seems to be done about their kind on here! I wonder why - oh yes, its because the forum owner is the main spammer!
                        Last edited by oneofthefew; 1st August 2007, 10:07.
                        I'm actually from Scotland so really I should have known better than to actually join this forum

Comment

Originally posted by kathyv View Post
                          SPAMMER!
                          Aye a spammer - and yet nothing ever seems to be done about their kind on here! I wonder why - oh yes, its because the forum owner is the main spammer!
                          Babz is at a loss to see where the 'spam' comes in, unless you are meaning the cottage
                          address in his signature!!

I have had addresses in my signature before now and was never told it was spam !!

It IS in Scotland and could be of interest to visitors to Scotland...not like most of the
                          site ad's we are seeing !!

There are others that have other site addresses in their signature and nothing is said
                          about them !!

Have to say I am disappointed that a new member is being pulled up in the welcome part
                          of the site !!

Comment

babz, it wasn't the signature of pete_inthehills that we were referring to, but someone who's posts have now been deleted - it was just a shame that it only happened AFTER I said nothing was being done, but if that prompted some action against the spammer then that's great (tho hopefully next time we/I won't need to resort to those sort of tactics!) However, I still object to the spam that is being added to the posts and signatures by the forum itself!

Comment

babz, it wasn't the signature of pete_inthehills that we were referring to, but someone who's posts have now been deleted - it was just a shame that it only happened AFTER I said nothing was being done, but if that prompted some action against the spammer then that's great (tho hopefully next time we/I won't need to resort to those sort of tactics!)
                              Thanks for that info....it does look as if you are talking about Pete's post !!

I really was surprised by the comments...didn't think he was doing anything wrong !!

If you see spamming again can you please copy it or 'quote' it then I can see it when
                              I log on !!

Babz hates to miss out !!

Comment

Working...
                              X