Hi from Texas, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Texas, USA

Hi everyone! I'm here to discover anything possible about my Scottish ancestry. It's thought that our family came from Easthope, last name was Estepp. Hoping to meet new friends and enjoy some good visits!

Originally posted by Emeraldfire View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm here to discover anything possible about my Scottish ancestry. It's thought that our family came from Easthope, last name was Estepp. Hoping to meet new friends and enjoy some good visits!
    Welcome. Can't say I'd be of much use in tracking your ancestry, but I'm sure there are a few around here who could point you in the right direction.

Have a pleasant stay

Comment

Thanks, Clydey, for the welcome! If you stop back in, might I ask your location? (Nosiness runs in my family BIG time! )

Comment

Hello
        I've done a quick google and it would appear that many Scots from Perthshire were emigrants who colonised an area of Canada known as Easthope - where they named some of the settlements after their homes in Perthshire.

Comment

Thanks, Polwarth! I remember seeing something about Canada in the papers I do have. Will go back and reread them. Do you know if there was an Easthope area near Perthshire? (Do I need to start a new thread in a different area?)

Comment

Try in the History or the Clan forum!

Easthope is ringing a vague bell with me - but I am not from Perthshire, I'm from Edinburgh - so I'm not au fait with every small village in Perthshire.

It is interesting that Estepp is considered German/English and even Welsh, not Scots.

I've tried another quick google - but Easthope+Perthshire+Scotland yielded nothing. Easthope (north and south) seem to be areas in Ontario where immgrants from Perthshire settled.

Comment

Thanks again, Polwarth! Dad's family was Scottish, Irish and more, so there's no telling.

Comment

Thanks, Clydey, for the welcome! If you stop back in, might I ask your location? (Nosiness runs in my family BIG time! )
                No worries, Emerald. I'm very open and no doubt equally as nosy as you

I'm originally from Alness in Roshire (a stone's throw from Inverness). I'm now living nearer Glasgow, in Hamilton (half hour on the train to Glasgow). Moved here in 1990 when I was 8, but I'll always consider myself a highlander .

Comment

Thanks for stopping back in Clydey. I have to admit I don't know much about the geography of Scotland, but I have heard of most the places you mentioned. If I'm ever able, Scotland is the place I most want to visit. BTW, nice to meet another nosey-rosey!

Comment

Thanks for stopping back in Clydey. I have to admit I don't know much about the geography of Scotland, but I have heard of most the places you mentioned. If I'm ever able, Scotland is the place I most want to visit. BTW, nice to meet another nosey-rosey!
                    I have to be honest, geography is my worst subject. I'm genuinely lost when it comes to matters of geography, no matter how close to home.

But you won't be disappointed if you visit Scotland. It's always nice to sample different cultures, history, scenery et al.

Comment

hi

hi my name is brahim 21 years from morocco i live in agadir city i'm student and i'm really hope to be your friend and meet you my email brahim.b12@hotmail.com add me and send me your email . i'm waiting you ok bye bye

Comment

Working...
                      X