Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Polwarth View Post
    No... but many of the members on here join to find out about our 'cute' ways and 'cuter' culture. Or they're looking for a braw heilan laddie, stridin through the heather, woad-painted and just desperate to find someone!
    Gotta love stereotypes. I'll be back later. My bagpipe class starts at 12 and we're having haggis for dinner later.

Comment

Clydey, have you hear of Bridge of Weir? That's where I grew up from when I was 4 to 8, so my remnant accent is a Bridge of Weir accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Julie View Post
        Clydey, have you hear of Bridge of Weir? That's where I grew up from when I was 4 to 8, so my remnant accent is a Bridge of Weir accent.
        Can't say I've heard of it. What sort of accent is it? Highland, Glasgow?

Comment

Bridge of Weir is in Renfrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Polwarth View Post
            No... but many of the members on here join to find out about our 'cute' ways and 'cuter' culture. Or they're looking for a braw heilan laddie, stridin through the heather, woad-painted and just desperate to find someone!

Then there are the scintillating discussions about 'What's under the kilt', 'what does Haggis taste like and where can I find it' and 'am I related to William Wallace?'

Me, I just want to know where to find the best shortbread, and I'll bring an empty suitcase with me to load up until the next trip!!!!!! LOL

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

kathyV
              Yes - to all your comments!

The source of the best shortbread? That would be my house! I just wish my family would stop worrying about the butter and sugar content...

Comment

Yes, thankyou Polwarth, Bridge of Weir is in Renfrew.

Clydey, it is half way between Paisley and Greenock. It is a West of Scotland accent, not highlands, more like the Glasgow accent, but different too.

Comment

Working...
                X