Hello from Saskachewan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Saskachewan

Just wanted to say hi from Saskachewan, Canada, at least that is where I am right now. I am hoping to change that soon so I can say greetings from Scotland. Here is hoping and crossing my fingers.

Hello
    Are you thinking of trying to come over here to live?
    If so, it helps if you have either a relly who is Scots born, or you intend to marry a native!

Welcome!

Comment

I am hoping to relocate to Scotland. Right now I am in the planning stages. I would rather find a way to go over on a work permit and ask for a leave to stay rather then marrying a native, not that it could not happen, but, I am also looking into my own family history. I know that my mother's father immigrated to the USA and then to Canada, retaining his own citizenship, I am just not sure where he came from. I am going to look into that and see if he is in fact from Englad as I have been told, and see if I can get citizenship under him. Not sure yet, or if that is even possible.

Comment

Doesn't matter whether your grandfather was English or Scots - it's all one 'nationality' under the United Kingdom for the moment. Although many hope that the elections in May will give Scotland a real shot at independence!
        Have a look at the Home Office website that I posted in one of your other threads - they will tell you about ancestry visas.

If you haven't got the option of claiming dual nationality, then the chances of you being able to resettle (without the skills sets we are still looking for in immigrants, eg teaching or medicine) are slim, unless you have enough money to support yourself!

I certainly wish you luck with your endeavours.

Comment

Polwarth

Hi again,

So far it looks like I may be able to claim dual nationality. From all the research into my family backround that I have been doing I may just be able to go that way. Yah, I still have some more research to do but so far things are looking up.

I have always believed that where there is a will there is a way and if you really want to do something badly enough, then you have to find a way to do just that. There are always loop holes in everything in life and you just have to find a way around it. My neice, who wants to come with me is lucky, she is going to be able to get a student visa to study while she is there and then go from there, me, I have to find another way around it. But, I still believe that it can be done if you believe in it enough and you fight and never give up.

Comment

An admirable view, if a little naive!!!! If it was true, then this little island would sink under the weight of foreigners deciding to settle here!

Glad you have found that loophole you needed.

Comment

You've gone soft in your old age Polwarth - maybe you sucked on too many o' them soor plooms!

Comment

Nah, I don't believe that. I do believe that where there is a will there is a way. Just that not everyone is willing to keep going and fight for what they really want. They give up at the first sign of adversity. Me, I am to stubborn for that. When I believe in something, when I really want it, then I go after it and I will fight for it as long as it takes.

Comment

Hahahaaaaa

I've told you... in the main, I am very polite to fowk....

Comment

Working...
                  X