X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a new Member

Hello

I am a new Member.

Since I'm new I don't know what new members are supposed to say.

While I'm at it

Are there any members that used to post on the old inside scotland board about 3/4 years ago?

I used to post under the name "the good doctor"

I was . . . infamous shall we say.

Comment

Hmmmmm - never heard of the board you mention.... but your introduction seems indicate that you might be......... trouble?!

Comment

Originally posted by Five-Finger Man
        Hello

I am a new Member.

Since I'm new I don't know what new members are supposed to say.
        You are supposed to say, "I will obey your every command, oh beautiful and wise women of Scotland.com."

That will do for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by HollyElise
          You are supposed to say, "I will obey your every command, oh beautiful and wise women of Scotland.com."

That will do for starters.

There are only two things that I know about the wise woman . . .

One, she is wise . . .

Two, she is a . . .

. . . woman!

Comment

Well, you can't blame me for trying!

(The Force is strong in this one.)

Welcome back to our neck of the woods.

Politics, Aisle 4. Books & Movies, Aisle 3. Jokes, Aisle 8. What's your pleasure?

Comment

Well, you can't blame me for trying!

(The Force is strong in this one.)

Welcome back to our neck of the woods.

Politics, Aisle 4. Books & Movies, Aisle 3. Jokes, Aisle 8. What's your pleasure?
              Politics.

Comment

I see that! (Saw your post in the Politics section).

Comment

I think Polwarth got it right. Trouble... but then, what would a forum be without it's trolls, troublemakers, softies, smarties, hot headed and goodhearted folks?

Boring.
                  'S toil leam Gàidhlig a bhruidhinn agus a leughadh agus sgrìobhadh oir 'se an cànan feumail agus àlainn a th' innte.

Comment

hahahhah. Point goes to Eleana.

Comment

What's a troll?

Comment

Hi Five-Finger Man and a belated welcome from me to Scotland.com

I am sure no-one has to tell you what a 'troll' is

Anyway I hope you settle in here nicely !!

Comment

To answer your question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

In my experience trolls can be particularly annoying because they can be so hard to get rid of. They get banned from discussion boards but then often come back again and again and again and again using different names. Sort of what i imagine Herpes must be like. It's good to keep in mind though, that trolls are often schoolboys.... even though a lot of adult language comes out of their mouths they might be only say, 12. We know this because troll activity goes up significantly whenever school is in recess.

The best way to discourage trolls is to IGNORE THEM. The phrase you will hear is, "Don't feed the trolls." Trolls have ego issues and get their kicks from making outrageous remarks and getting angry or upset responses from board members. This makes them feel powerful. The more they disturb, the happier they are, and the more trouble they cause. Therefore the best way to get rid of them is to BORE them. There will always be a few innocents on a discussion board who WILL talk to them even when they are being vicious, but none the less it helps a lot for many people to shun them. The troll will eventually move elsewhere to where they might have more "fun" and attention. Please report troll activity to a moderator immediately.

Comment

Thanks Holly, but what Babz meant is that 5fm most certainly knows very well what a troll is. When I was a moderator on a board (not this one) I could see the poster's IP and knew exactly who came back or has more than one personality. Very interesting.

A troublemaker, a nuisance, a wind up merchant (somehow it's a term I learn to like).
                            'S toil leam Gàidhlig a bhruidhinn agus a leughadh agus sgrìobhadh oir 'se an cànan feumail agus àlainn a th' innte.

Comment

The best way to discourage trolls is to IGNORE THEM. The phrase you will hear is, "Don't feed the trolls." Trolls have ego issues and get their kicks from making outrageous remarks and getting angry or upset responses from board members. This makes them feel powerful. The more they disturb, the happier they are, and the more trouble they cause. Therefore the best way to get rid of them is to BORE them. There will always be a few innocents on a discussion board who WILL talk to them even when they are being vicious, but none the less it helps a lot for many people to shun them. The troll will eventually move elsewhere to where they might have more "fun" and attention. Please report troll activity to a moderator immediately.

Why should you report a troll to the mods?

Comment

Working...
                              X