Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day

Hi all.

My name is turnbull_lass and I've just signed up to this lovely forum.

I'm a slightly mad (in the good way) 33 year old Aussie female. I have Scottish blood on both sides of the family, and I'm just fascinated with anything to do with Scotland. Not to mention the accent, which makes me go all weak at the knees. And the bagpipes, which have been known to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Anyways, nice to meet you all, hope to see you around somewhere

turnbull_lass

Hi Turnbull Lass!

One of my good friends is a Turnbull... though she married into it. Where are you in Oz? I'm in Ohio. What kinds of things do you like doing? I'm just about to go for a long hike in the countryside. See you soon!

~holly

Comment

Hi turnbull! Welcome!!
      I love accents too!!! My auntie has an strong one (well, is really hard lose it even if you live in Argentina for 50 years, lol) and when she teached me english, i learn the accent too. Now, when I speak english, I can mix British and Scottish (and of course, Latin) accent with American slang.
      That makes almost imposible understand what I say! But, I'm trying to change it.

Ok, see you around and have a good day!!!

Mary

Comment

Welcome turnbull lass and I hope that you enjoy it here !!

Which part of Scotland did your family originate ??

Hope you are going to join in our many forum's !!

Comment

Originally posted by HollyElise
          Hi Turnbull Lass!

One of my good friends is a Turnbull... though she married into it. Where are you in Oz? I'm in Ohio. What kinds of things do you like doing? I'm just about to go for a long hike in the countryside. See you soon!

~holly
          Hi HollyElise,

I live in the lovely city of Newcastle, which is on the east coast of Oz (north of Sydney).

I love to read, listen to music, make quilts, go to the beach and hang out with my boyfriend & our dogs. Oh and perving on my boyfriend wearing his kilt while playing in a pipe band

Turnbull_lass

Comment

Originally posted by Mary2
            when I speak english, I can mix British and Scottish (and of course, Latin) accent with American slang. Mary
            That sounds really interesting Mary! I love to hear your mix of accents

Comment

Hi Babz,

thanks for the warm welcome!.

my Turnbulls (dad's side) are originally from Bedrule in the Borders region (so far we've traced them back to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne). My mum has the surnames of Beath and Orr in her family tree, who were from the Lothian area in Fife.

and just to add to the mix, my boyfriend's grandfather came from Lanarkshire .

So there is still quite a bit of research to be done

Comment

I've only worked on a quilt once, but i'm a very big knitter. What kinds of books do you enjoy reading? I read mostly non-fiction. I'm reading a book right now by Dr. Wayne Dyer.... but he's a bit wacky and i don't know what i think of it yet!

Comment

Working...
                X