Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New girl...

Hello

Just joined today so i thought i should introduce myself.

Im 31 years old and live with my hubby and miniature zoo. We live just beside Loch Lomond.

I thought it would be nice to join a forum related to Scotland, so here i am!

Hi Hazel!

By miniature zoo.... do you mean you have a lot of pets?

I hear Loch Lamond is gorgeous!

I'm an artist in Ohio. At present i teach knitting for a lot of my living. Today i'm working on my mailing lists and next class notices. I have a one exotic creature zoo. He looks suspiciously like a cat, but visitors soon see he doesn't sound like a cat, or walk on a leash like a cat, or enjoy being patted hard like a cat, etc.

What are some of your interests?

Comment

Hiya! Nice to meet you

Yep we have 9 pets

Lets see i love watching horror movies, reading ~ my favourite author is Dean Koontz, but i'll pretty much read anything, i like spending time with my other half and our pets, i love coming online and i like cross~stitching too, but dont seem to have much time for it these days!

I take it your cat has a mind of his own then, sounds familiar

Comment

A mind of his own and a valet too.

Hey, i've done some cross-stitch, but mostly i do knitting now. It can be similar when you are working FairIsle and nordic color patterns, because you are trying to make a picture on a grid. I'm making a pair of mitts right now in four colors. The women who wrote the pattern though... errrrgh!... it's driving me nuts. I've ripped it out 8 times to get the right size in different parts of it, and my student who's also doing a pattern from this told me this morning she just ripped hers out for the third time. I had to do the braid and cuff on size ZERO needles!... that's so small it would drive anyone crazy!

I'm a reader too, but i read more non-fiction than fiction. So you like scary stuff... do you read any Stephen King?

Comment

Welcome,Hazel You have joined a very good site,you will make many friends here I'm sure.
          Sounds like your an animal person too,my kind of person,anyone who likes animals is alright with me,lol.I have 2 cats,a bird,a mom dog,6 pup (looking for homes)and my daughter is looking to get a lizard(not sure how to spell the critters name)strange name also we're getting a redtail boa in a few weeks...so thats my list for now...oh and my friend Mee(she is here on S.com)has gave my son a Hairless cat,a Spinx,he is lovely.
          I too love Dean Koontz,Ann Rice,and Steven King,makes some good reading
          OK,sorry so long.I will see you around the boards,have a good day.

Comment

I do yep, i have most of his books too, guess im a bit of a bookworm. Id love to read non-fiction, its something ive never really tried before.

I used to knit when i was younger, havent had a go for years though, i wonder if i'd remember anything or if it would be a total disaster

Comment

Hiya MiseryMother i love your name lol!!

Thanks for the lovely welcome

Comment

Thanks....you should come on down to The Inn,on down the board,lots going on down there...well most of the time

Comment

Hi Hazel!!! Welcome!!!
                  I'm Mary, from the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar and warm Argentina.
                  I have pets too... 9 cats, well, actually... they own me.
                  I love read books, I love historic romances/others cultures... now, i'm reading at Diana Gabaldon's novel... may you heard something about "Outlander"?
                  Well, now, i have to go, but i hope see you and cheer some books names

Saludos!

Comment

Working...
                  X