I miss Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss Scotland

I spent time up in Edinburgh for university. Unfortunately things didn't work out 'cos of some life problems. Had worries about being English there too, but wanted to make it work there too. Now really miss it, and Glasgow. Seems such an anti-climax down here(although perhaps comfortable), disloyal though that is to England. I'm very torn over whether to make a go of things there again. Certain things are easier in your home country, but it seems so mundane, and cold here at times too(Cambridge). I still think of it. Any thoughts? Any Scots who've lived down here? Any help for me in my quandry ?
    Last edited by english-curious; 13th January 2006, 12:38.

You should come back and live in Scotland. I'm sure you'll be more than welcome whether you're English, Scottish or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by keltic_bhoy
      You should come back and live in Scotland. I'm sure you'll be more than welcome whether you're English, Scottish or whatever.
      Well thanks.

Comment

I think that as you are in a quandry you ought to give yourself the chance to see if it will work out
        for you up here !!

I moved up from Lincs nearly three years ago and have little regret, the only things I really miss are my
        children and grandsons but do go south to see them as often as I can, infact going to Yorks and Lincs
        this weekend for a week !!

Have to say I miss Wilkinsons as there is nothing up here like it so I go in as many as I can when south
        and stock up on household items lolol

Comment

If you attended university in Edinburgh, then you will know the place is LOADED with English folk... why not come back, if you're really keen?!
          'all our plans were made on streets the winter paved, as streetlamp lucozade orange fell...'

Comment

Originally posted by Lithgae
            If you attended university in Edinburgh, then you will know the place is LOADED with English folk... why not come back, if you're really keen?!
            It just seemed awkward at times being English, no horrendous treatment, but just that was my own perception I couldn't get over. Only now I've left I miss it worse than I expected.

Comment

Just one question though, did you send out PM's to all the regestered users?
              I apologize in advance for my spelling, it's no the best! (also please dont click anything that is double underlined, I didn't do that!)

Comment

No..only about 3

Comment

Originally posted by english-curious
                  No..only about 3
                  Just wondered, last time I was asked to look at a thread at S.com by invitation I was a Moderator here. (different username - some would say a different person)
                  I apologize in advance for my spelling, it's no the best! (also please dont click anything that is double underlined, I didn't do that!)

Comment

Hello E-C.

One of my friends taught me a great way to look at things whenever i was hung up on making a decision. She said, "Always take the path where you are least likely to have regrets!"

It sounds like, if you don't go back to Scotland, you will always wonder if you might have liked it better.

What would you do if you went there? Are you done with your education?

Comment

Originally posted by HollyElise
                      Hello E-C.

One of my friends taught me a great way to look at things whenever i was hung up on making a decision. She said, "Always take the path where you are least likely to have regrets!"

It sounds like, if you don't go back to Scotland, you will always wonder if you might have liked it better.

What would you do if you went there? Are you done with your education?
                      No; exams down here, then job

Comment

When are your exams? What are you studying?

Here is a website where you could look for jobs in Edinburgh & Glasgow:

http://www.jobs1.co.uk/directory/rec...scotland4.html

Comment

Originally posted by HollyElise
                          When are your exams? What are you studying?

Here is a website where you could look for jobs in Edinburgh & Glasgow:

http://www.jobs1.co.uk/directory/rec...scotland4.html

Thanks--Glasgow's good for house/rent prices.

Comment

Well Glasgow is not all that cheap in some places if you are looking to buy, but if you were looking to rent you could get a decent pad in the West End, which is a more cosmopolitan area than most of Scotland. It is also close to the city centre.

As our population is declining bring a wife and several children with you.
                            There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.

Comment

hahahhaha.

Comment

Working...
                              X