Welcome!!! Sign up and post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!!! Sign up and post!

Hello everyone! Please come in and pull up a chair. I see we have a lot of visitors today and i hope you will come in and post.

Here are some silly questions for you....

What was your favorite thing about the holidays?

What was the strangest gift you gave this year?

What is on your kitchen table RIGHT NOW?

What was the last movie you saw?

Here are some silly answers for you holly...

What was my favorite thing about the holidays? "coming home to my boy."

What was the strangest gift i gave this year? "advice"

What is on my kitchen table RIGHT NOW? "chewy gum in an ashtray and a skirt."

What was the last movie i saw? "wedding crashers-still in the process"...

strangest thing to happenmost recently? I"M IN A CYCLONE!!!!

laterz.

Comment

Hello everyone!! long time don't see us! I was on vacations

What was my favorite thing about the holidays? like here is summer season, my favorite things are the pool days, with family and friends.

What was the strangest gift i gave this year? a car key... just the key...

What is on my kitchen table RIGHT NOW? some fruits... and... i guess my cat!

What was the last movie i saw? The ALW Phantom Of The Opera (i love this movie!)

Comment

Hello Mary2, Sorry about my late welcome. I haven't been on in a while!

As you will find, there is a lot of things to talk about, pictures to see and such.
        Feel free to join me and my friends at the "Inn" anytime! See you around!

Comment

What was your favorite thing about the holidays? Drinking with my friends...

What was the strangest gift you gave this year? a pineapple shaped jar filled with a foul smelling substance (a gag gift)literally...lol

What is on your kitchen table RIGHT NOW? junk...lol

What was the last movie you saw? The Exorcism Of Emily Rose.... creepy movie

Comment

Originally posted by mee
            Hello Mary2, Sorry about my late welcome. I haven't been on in a while!

As you will find, there is a lot of things to talk about, pictures to see and such.
            Feel free to join me and my friends at the "Inn" anytime! See you around!
            Thankyou for the welcome! never is late for one! i'm glad to be here

Comment

Those are funny answers everyone!

Hi Mary... where are you?

mmack... are you down under? Did you get blown away?

hi mee! i haven't seen you in a while... good to see you!

Comment

Hi Holly! I'm from south of Argentina, a (region?) called Patagonia... is a very pretty place, and we have a lot of wonderful views. That's why my english is... well.. basic, because my lenguage is the spanish, so... be patience!!

well, i have more silly questions:

what song are you listening right now?

If you have to live in a movie, what will be?

what is the last movie you saw at theater?

what book have you read a hundred times?

Comment

Yes, i've heard of Patagonia!

I'm so glad you asked questions, too!

Song: none at the moment... just the wind outside.

If i live in a movie: Strictly Ballroom.... an obscure Australian film... very quirky!... about two young competitive ballroom dancers who refuse to conform to conventional tastes, and instead shock everyone by dancing a passionate Spanish dance.

Last movie i saw in a theatre: Narnia. the one before that was the recent Harry Potter movie.

What book have i read a hundred times: The Nine Princes of Amber by Roger Zelazny.

Comment

hey holly,

yeah i am down under. no didnt get blown away.. although it was a bit windy.. twas my first cyclone. question.. do u's get cyclones or hurricanes.. or none at all???

hey! strictly ballroom.. i usta love alex.. i thought he was sooo hot in his time.. then again i thought peter andre was too.. ewwww yuck.

Comment

heyyyyyy! Someone who knows Strictly Ballroom! Do you dance?

On the Atlantic side of the U.S. it's hurricanes. I'm in Ohio so we only get the tail end of hurricanes in the form of steady rain for 1-3 days... when it comes in this direction. Up here though we get tornadoes... just little ones, but they can still do serious damage. I had to evacuate under a hurricane threat once when i lived in Maine, because we were right on the ocean. But the hurricane itself turned out wimpy compared to many storms i've ridden out here. So what did you think of your cyclone?

Comment

Here, I only have big storms and strongs winds, not hurricans or tornados (thanks God!). I never been in one before... i guess how is, but I'm not hurry to see one!

Comment

They don't always amount to anything, Mary. Tornadoes are generally easy to avoid problems with. There is a good warning system, and if it goes off you just go to your basement for half an hour and then usually everything is fine, just a few trees turned over, perhaps.

Hurricanes are different. The winds blow things, but not like a tornado. However after they are on land they can spawn tornadoes. But usually the most dangerous thing about hurricanes is the storm swell. The winds of a hurricane (or cyclone) push the sea, and raise it's level by quite a few feet. They rate hurricanes by strength, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Katrina was a 5. But also there are other factors which affect the danger of a hurricane. One is where it hits the coast... and that is still very unpredictable by meterologists... because hurricanes can change direction so quickly. If they hit a place on shore where there is a lot of low land, that makes it worse. The other is the time of the tide. If a hurricane hits at low tide, the storm swell may not be so much. If however it hits at high tide, it can raise the level of the sea by tens of feet for many hours.... so the coastline goes underwater and there is quite dramatic flooding. Oh... and when a hurricane is in asia, they call it a typhoon, correct?

It seems like every area of the world has something. We all get used to our particular danger.... forest fires, earthquake, heat waves & drought, extreme cold.

Comment

My 1/2 Ass Reply

My Favorite Thing About Holidays? You Can Stay Up Real Late The Night Before And Get Pissed Drunk ........of Course Sleeping In Your Car Is A Must! Always Bring A Pillow And A Blanket In Your Trunk Strangest Gift? A 12 Inch Talking Figure Of Napoleon Dynamite To My Girlfriend.........she's Into That Cheesy Movie. I Mean Everything Napoleon Dynamite She Has........almost. On My Kitchen Table : My Kansas City Chiefs Cap, Two Bowls Of Half Way Eaten Dog Foods Courtesy Of Ninbusa And Saxon ( My Two Migraines) And Their Leashes.........both Headaches But Worth It. My Girl And I Saw "hostel" ........man It Makes You Think ....big Time.
                            Good Movie. I Give It 8 1/2 Out Of 10 .if You Hate The Sight Of Blood And Sliced Human Flesh, Stick With THE WEDDING SINGER

Comment

mary and holly, i'd have to say the cyclone wasn't much of a cyclone. it peaked at a 3 then fell to a 2.. the only tree i'd have put my money on has been completely uprooted and lucky it fell the other way!! another is forming off the coast bout 7/8 hours from here. anywho cheers for the insight as to what u guys do or dont get there.. unfortunately it makes me feel like i should be back in school.. haha

I dance BUT its nothing like that-more of a bad shimmy.

oooo, dont quote me but i think ur right holly, the typoon and a cyclone both spin clockwise plus china was mentioned somewhere in there.
                              Last edited by mmack; 18th January 2006, 18:10.

Comment

Working...
                              X